Ratings for Dr. Frances Shepherd

She is regarded as one of the best lung cancer research oncologists in the world.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

Dealing with cancer is a horrific experience but dealing with a doctor who doesn't care about you and lacks empathy and compassion on top of your diagnosis is truly disgusting. DONT EVER let yourself be treated by this woman...choose to see someone else.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

She is curt and harsh. This woman has never heard of bedside manner and does not know how to address anyone, including other medical professionals and doctors. She's awful. I'd rather die of cancer than see her again. I wish I could give her less than one star in all these categories.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Her level of care, lack of compassion and her terrible bed side manor were inexcusable. She's was an awful oncologist!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Sometimes I wonder how doctors like this receive one of the highest honours that our country has to offer "Officer of the Order of Canada". Yes, she has many fellows and residents doing her research for her - and maybe it's breakthrough research - I wouldn't know! She only spoke to us when we finally stepped in and said "please pretend to show compassion". Frances should not be practicing "human medicine". She would do much better in a lab - this way she is not burdened by "humans". I feel for all of us on this page who took the time to voice our thoughts. We must be so heartbroken that we took time out of our precious and busy lives to write these reviews! If I were a betting person, I would bet a substantial amount of money that there are hundreds of thousands of us who feel the same way! Frances - I hope you have retired from human medicine.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

It has been 20 years since she treated my mother for advanced lung cancer, and I still remember how awful Dr. Shepherd was. Once it became clear that my mother's chemo was not going to succeed, Dr. Shepherd had no further interest in her. She could not get rid of my mother quickly enough as a patient. She was completely dismissive of us and utterly lacking in sensitivity. She had zero compassion and her haughty attitude was the last thing I needed when my mother was dying. Any questions I had were treated like intrusions on her precious time. Fortunately my mother found a much more humane oncologist for the last few months of her life. Twenty years later I am still angry about the way we were treated.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

My mother was diagnosed with stage IIIA lung cancer and had her tumour surgically resected. We were referred to Dr. Shepherd for adjuvant chemotherapy but were immediately turned off by her attitude. We were hesitant about pursing chemo for various reasons but she showed no compassion/patience to listen to our needs. She walked in with the attitude of a "queen" and just told us we had made the wrong decision and sneered saying she hopes she won't be seeing us again. Terrible experience. We found someone else.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

My father was dignosed with lung cancer in May 2012, had surgery and was clear from any cancer,two months later he was dignosed with brain cancer.He did one week of radiation, ever since from the begining of his brain dignoses Dr. Shepherd never followed up with us on any of the results that she did. It's been 1 1/2 months and the tumors speard all over his brain. I saw Dr. Shepherd yesterday and she basically told me that there's nothing more she can do and to put him in palliavtive care. I mention to her if they are going to keep doing ct scans to see if the tumors stop growing and she said no. I honestly believe my dad has hope and I'm taking matters into my own hands. I'm looking into a second opinion. She showed no compassion, she was no help at all. She didnt take the time to explain anything. I had to keep following up for the results. This has put my dad and the rest of the family in major stress and no closure. Please think twice before you choose this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

A little humanity goes a long way! That's all I kept thinking when she sent the nurse to tell me in the patient waiting area that my father had one year to live. You be the judge!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012