Ratings for Dr. Joyce A. Paulson

I've been to Dr Paulson for an annual checkup and she was very thorough with my examination. She was willing to listen and attentive to my needs. Her staff is also very friendly and professional. I once needed to be tested for UTI and she quickly responded to me as well.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

I recently went for a visit with Dr. Paulson. As a transplant from the Northeast, I was hesitant about finding as good a physician here in Orlando. But she was excellent! I don't think my other doctors ever spent as much time with me. She was extremely thorough and I found her very knowledgeable. Finding a new doctor always feels scary to me but I'm glad that at least my family physician is one I can trust.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I've taken my teenager to see Dr. Paulson numerous times and have been consistently impressed with her professionalism and the care she has provided. She listened intently to everything my daughter had to say and explained things in a way that was easily understandable. And best of all, we never felt rushed…and that’s well worth the wait time (which was reasonable). I know Dr. Paulson primarily treats adults, but I was delighted to find her because there’s a point where a pediatrician no longer fits the bill, and not all docs out there can relate to adolescents. In fact, I understand that several Pegasus Health doctors also treat kids 16 and older. Everyone in the office is so friendly and helpful. I’ve typically dreaded going to the doctor’s office for any reason, but I have to say going to Pegasus is always positive experience.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Worst Doctor I have ever Had ! Moved to Florida and needed an internist. 10/28/13 appt...She does not listen- I started off going as a wellness visit - ended up with a diagnosis of depressed and Mother ill of cancer. I went because of my wellness yearly visit and for my thryroid etc. Does not return your calls after results are back. No blood work was ordered at all - but they made my colonoscopy (which I am still waiting for results) breast care I waited two weeks to finally get a call back from her with results, and gyno apt and heart checked etc. Perhaps as a doctor more caring as a physician should be present on her part. Just not the Doctor for me. Was very very very disappointed ! What ended up being a wellness visit ended with a diagnosis that she thought was the reason I came there - she could not of been more wrong why I was going to her

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

I waited one hour and 15 minutes to see Dr Paulson. Once I saw her she didn't really listen too me...as a menopausal women with thyroid issues all she wanted to do was treat my symptoms by prescribing Paxil...one of the worse medication on the market. She didnt want to try to understand the underlying issues but only wanted to treat the symptoms. She had little answers and only wasted my time. She was not willing to go beyond the "Cookie cutter" prescription for thyroid (synthroid/Levo) stating it was out of her scope...really?!?....I would not seek her medical advise...she referred me to see a specialist...which is what I thought she was...perhaps she needs more experience being a very young doctor. I concern that she is a assistant professor at UCF medical school. Scary.

Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Joyce A. Paulson's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)

AHC