You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Andrew Kirker

Can actually have phone answered by staff, and office we'll run. Actually enjoy going! Very personable and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend for professional competence and attention to detail.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

I have to agree with everyone that Dr. Kirker 5's across the board. He certainly calms the patient - it's a very stressful time when it's eye surgery. I am surprised that the one individual that I read had difficulty and almost went blind. Something is amiss there. But I would recommend him highly, he does have a charming bedside manner and very professional.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Kirker is an amazing retina specialist with charming bedside manner. I thank he & his team for giving me immediate attention. Yes, you have to wait during your time in the office but part of that is due to drops, pictures & pressure tests. We are blessed to have medical caregivers like Dr. Kirker.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I am very sorry to say that not listening and lack of action by Dr. Kirker almost resulted in me losing my sight. Had other health care professionals not paid attention and intervened I would be blind. This is a case of not listening to the patient when they are telling you something is clearly wrong.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Doctor saved my eye and correct the terrible mistake done by Dr.J.M. Macintosh.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

This doctor and the Eye Care Centre team he works with are obviously facing a large caseload and doing a heroic job of it. I came in great need with a detaching retina. Arriving after hours, I was seen and helped by the doctor on call and then by Dr. Kirker the next morning, who prescribed immediate retinal surgery which he performed two days later. Maybe I am one of the reasons why people have to wait past their appointment times! I am now 2 weeks post op, seeing quite well out of my eye, and looking forward to further improvement. I am very thankful that Dr. Kirker made his skills available to me when I really needed help.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

Dr Kirker performed my retinal surgery and when i was in the surgery room at VGH from the time i was on bed till the completion of the surgery i didnt realize how quick and swift the surgery went. I praised Dr Kirker and told him before my surgery that i wanted my eyes to look as beautiful as before and that his artistic work on my eyes to be remembered for many days. He is a young cute tall doctor and very warm, humble and easy to communicate always has a smile on his face. Thank you Dr Kirker for bringing my vision back

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

Dr. Andrew Kirker's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Can actually have phone answered by staff, and office we'll run. Actually enjoy going! Very personable and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend for professio..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor. I have been going to him for five years he's wonderful and has helped me immensely. "

November 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Superb! Dr. Kirker takes the time to explain things carefully and is exceptionally gentle with my elderly mother. She will see only him. "

March 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have to agree with everyone that Dr. Kirker 5's across the board. He certainly calms the patient - it's a very stressful time when it's eye surgery. I am su..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kirker is one amazing doctor. Very charming. Always have a smile. Speaks in calm manner. Highly recommended"

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kirker is an amazing retina specialist with charming bedside manner. I thank he & his team for giving me immediate attention. Yes, you have to wait during y..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I am very sorry to say that not listening and lack of action by Dr. Kirker almost resulted in me losing my sight. Had other health care professionals not pai..."

September 22, 2014