Ratings for Dr. Andrew Kirker

Arrogant and doesn't listen or explain the procedure. I told him my drops were wearing off prior to the procedure and said I was wrong and performed the procedure. Half way through the procedure, he stopped and said, your drops are wearing off. His side kick - Dr. Albiani is no better, I complained to him about Kirker and he didn't respond and said that young people like me (I'm 40) sometimes don't respond well to treatment. I will never go back. The only good thing my eyes are good now, but not worth the pain and lost time dealing with this. There was no info given after the procedure on aftercare. Super disorganized office

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr. Kirker and his staff at West Coast Retina Consultants are wonderful. Very helpful and knowledgeable. However, if you have an appointment later on in the day be prepared for a 2 hour wait. Efficiency could not be worse at this office, its almost as if they are trying to run the most disorganized practice in Vancouver. Your “appointment time” is a formality, you will never see the doctor at the time they give you.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Unreal doctor , has saved my vision , staff is excellent and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Andrew Kirker is a youthful helpful, knowledgeable man, a macular surgeon - 1,000% better than another one I had seen who had done damage (navajas).- Dr. Kirker listens, is always pleasant and keeps a stable attitude in an incredibly busy environment. I trust him.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Andrew Kirker is a rude man. He came in without explaining my much then he said that nothing can be done and walk out. His staff didn't even try to answer any of my questions. She looked annoyed .

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Terrible doctor, I ended up seeing another doctor who was very helpful. He didn't understand my problem at all and told me that I have nothing wrong which was not true.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Awesome man and very pleasant. His side kick Dr Merk... Was alittle short and upsetting.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Had to see him as my regular doctor was away. I was very anxious and awaiting results after having some tests done last week. He came in didnt really bother to explain what the results were . I had to keep asking him questions and he was basically just giving me casual one word answers . Probably due to his lack of knowledge or care. Not worth the long wait in waiting room to see him. A walk in clinic doctor or med student would have been better !!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Can actually have phone answered by staff, and office we'll run. Actually enjoy going! Very personable and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend for professional competence and attention to detail.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Excellent doctor. I have been going to him for five years he's wonderful and has helped me immensely.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015