Ratings for Dr. Benedict Panizza

I had robotic surgery performed by Ben Panizza for tounge and throat cancer that started out in a lymph node. Many thanks to Ben and his fantastic team, also to Dr Ben Wallwork for the early lymph node surgeries that he performed on me. I owe you both. That was back in 2015, three monthly visits for the next few years but l am living a normal life. Cheers guys

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

My partner was referred to Ben Panizza by Tony Parker (ENT) and an apppointment was fitted in the next day. An MRI was organized and another appointment with Ben (within a few days) then major surgery by the next week. After 6 years of not knowing what was wrong with my partner Ben was fantastic in diagnosing and treating him. Both receptionists are friendly and extremely helpful. Ben is obviously a busy man but he still takes his time to answer your questions and I like his direct and frank approach to what is happening. My partner needed a 5 hour surgery to remove a nerve in his face and Ben did an amazing job. His recovery was very quick after the surgery and Ben was in checking in him by 6.30am the next morning. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor and I'd highly recommend him if you have any head and neck 'issues'.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr Panizza wowed me with his capacity to explain my procedure. Even though there were incredible odd that things could go wrong, he made me feel safe and listened to my concerns. I recommend Ben to anyone who has a parotid problem. Thanks Ben, you were brilliant.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

My husband went to get two procedures done a Radical frontoethmoidectomy with osteoplastic flap & Nasal septum, septoplasty, submucous resection. Procedure was done only yesterday so day one my husband is doing ok has a head ache 24 hours after procedure only abke to breath threw his mouth. He has find Dr Panizza very good answer all questions he asked was happy with Dr Ben. I found the receptionist Georgia very helpfully while i was booking the appointment for the procedure. Now to see how he heals up in the next few weeks. Slint to come out next Wednesday. Hoping this procedure will all help with his head aches snoring & breathing threw his nose & not his mouth.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I suffered barotrauma on a flight a few years ago and since then have suffered with hearing loss in my right ear, as well as a constant "low-pressure" in that ear. I had further noticed sharp and intense pain when swimming more than one meter under-water. Dr Panizza was fantastic and informative, and offered a number of possible solutions, as well as answering my many questions very helpfully. He suggested I have a Eustacian tube disfunction from the barotrauma, and suggested I look at getting a gromit installed. Highly recommend Dr Panizza, best ENT I have been to in Brisbane.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Dr Panizza was a great help to me managing my tinnitus. Also, he managed to see one of my friends when I asked at short notice and successfully treated her condition the next day.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Arrogant and was not interested in helping me at all. Pretty much told me he didn't know what was wrong with me and sent me to someone else. 3 appts mind you to tell me he couldn't help me. Rude man.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr Panizza fitted my daughter in within 15 minutes of my phone call seeking an appointment for a badly infected ear. Dr Panizza and his receptionist were both lovely, caring and attentive people who appeared not too bothered to be serving the patients over the Christmas / New Year period. His rooms were clean and tidy. Dr Panizza treated my daughter's ear and my9 year old was very compliant due to his extremely pleasant bedside manner. (She was in excruciating pain on Christmas Day due to the ear infection). I cannot speak more highly of this professional, friendly and knowledgeable Brisbane ENT surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

I have seen Dr Panizza for a number of ENT complaints including tinnitus, some hearing loss and chronic sinusitis. Dr Panizza was extremely interested in all of my complaints. He ordered an MRI of my braina and 8th cranial nerve (tumours of which are commonly source of tinnitus ). Dr Panizza is an expert in the surgery of such tumours. Lucky for me no tumour. On several further occasions I have consulted Dr Panizza for chronic sinusitis which was well proven on CT scan. He tried to help me avoid surgery with antihistamines,prednisone, antibiotics for several weeks but no improvement. I put off the surgery for a year but had endoscopic sinus surgery 4 weeks ago. It was very reassuring to speak with dr Panizza before the anesthetic and again later in the ward and the next day. Nothing was too much trouble for him. I always need a lot of detailed explanation and he made me feel very important and have me his full focus. I have sent y wife and 6 year old daughter to see Dr Panizza .

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

I found him ignorant and rude. He didn't listen to any of my concerns. He acted as if he didn't know what I was talking about. I was very rushed without any questions answered.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2011