Ratings for Dr. Benedict Panizza

I was referred to Ben by Dr Tony Parker after persistent ear pain and an MRI showed an 8th cranial nerve tumour. Dr Panizza is extremely upfront and straightforward regarding what is going on, what the problem is, how he intends to fix it, and what the possible complications are. He won't mess you around or tell you that everything will be easy or perfect, but I appreciate his frank approach. He worked in conjunction with Dr Martin Wood to complete an 8 hour operation to remove the tumour with great success, minimal (almost no) residual facial nerve damage. I was home four days later. His bedside manner whilst I was in hospital was fantastic. I still see him every 12 months for review of some other tumours and find he always takes time to carefully review my scans, discuss any changes to symptoms, and propose a plan for the next 12 months. He is a wonderful doctor that I would recommend highly to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

After I relapsed with Meniere's, Ben Panizza was amazing, his care, concern and informative, conservative approach allowed me to return to having a life. 15 years later, I still singing his praises, his approach may not suit everyone but I'll rather a man who does what he says he will, than a cowboy who makes promises that turn out to be very expensive BS

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I had robotic surgery performed by Ben Panizza for tounge and throat cancer that started out in a lymph node. Many thanks to Ben and his fantastic team, also to Dr Ben Wallwork for the early lymph node surgeries that he performed on me. I owe you both. That was back in 2015, three monthly visits for the next few years but l am living a normal life. Cheers guys

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

My partner was referred to Ben Panizza by Tony Parker (ENT) and an apppointment was fitted in the next day. An MRI was organized and another appointment with Ben (within a few days) then major surgery by the next week. After 6 years of not knowing what was wrong with my partner Ben was fantastic in diagnosing and treating him. Both receptionists are friendly and extremely helpful. Ben is obviously a busy man but he still takes his time to answer your questions and I like his direct and frank approach to what is happening. My partner needed a 5 hour surgery to remove a nerve in his face and Ben did an amazing job. His recovery was very quick after the surgery and Ben was in checking in him by 6.30am the next morning. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor and I'd highly recommend him if you have any head and neck 'issues'.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr Panizza wowed me with his capacity to explain my procedure. Even though there were incredible odd that things could go wrong, he made me feel safe and listened to my concerns. I recommend Ben to anyone who has a parotid problem. Thanks Ben, you were brilliant.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

My husband went to get two procedures done a Radical frontoethmoidectomy with osteoplastic flap & Nasal septum, septoplasty, submucous resection. Procedure was done only yesterday so day one my husband is doing ok has a head ache 24 hours after procedure only abke to breath threw his mouth. He has find Dr Panizza very good answer all questions he asked was happy with Dr Ben. I found the receptionist Georgia very helpfully while i was booking the appointment for the procedure. Now to see how he heals up in the next few weeks. Slint to come out next Wednesday. Hoping this procedure will all help with his head aches snoring & breathing threw his nose & not his mouth.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I suffered barotrauma on a flight a few years ago and since then have suffered with hearing loss in my right ear, as well as a constant "low-pressure" in that ear. I had further noticed sharp and intense pain when swimming more than one meter under-water. Dr Panizza was fantastic and informative, and offered a number of possible solutions, as well as answering my many questions very helpfully. He suggested I have a Eustacian tube disfunction from the barotrauma, and suggested I look at getting a gromit installed. Highly recommend Dr Panizza, best ENT I have been to in Brisbane.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Dr Panizza was a great help to me managing my tinnitus. Also, he managed to see one of my friends when I asked at short notice and successfully treated her condition the next day.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Arrogant and was not interested in helping me at all. Pretty much told me he didn't know what was wrong with me and sent me to someone else. 3 appts mind you to tell me he couldn't help me. Rude man.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr Panizza fitted my daughter in within 15 minutes of my phone call seeking an appointment for a badly infected ear. Dr Panizza and his receptionist were both lovely, caring and attentive people who appeared not too bothered to be serving the patients over the Christmas / New Year period. His rooms were clean and tidy. Dr Panizza treated my daughter's ear and my9 year old was very compliant due to his extremely pleasant bedside manner. (She was in excruciating pain on Christmas Day due to the ear infection). I cannot speak more highly of this professional, friendly and knowledgeable Brisbane ENT surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012