Ratings for Dr. Herbon E. Fleming

Dr. Fleming is extremely pompous and does not listen to his patients or their family members; I am unsure of his knowledge base because I believe that his attitude problem might be the major obstacle to his providing competent care for his patients. I am basing my evaluation of Dr. Fleming on my personal experience with him, which was truly horrific. I have heard numerous stories from local people not satisfied with the care they have received under Dr. Fleming. Many think that he is their only local option for pulmonology, but that is simply not the case. LeBauer Healthcare in Burlington now has full-time pulmonologists on staff!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Dr. Fleming is no longer in Tennessee. He now practices as a pulmonologist at Kernodle Clinic in Burlington, North Carolina. My 74 year old mother was one of Dr. Fleming's patients and the first two patient reviews are totally accurate regarding Dr. Fleming's attitude and incompetence. At my mother's last appointment with him, when she was seeing him for severe shortness of breath, she showed him her hot, red, incredibly swollen, and painful ankle. Dr. Fleming asked her who she was going to see for that, and said that he didn't treat ankles. Thank God a family member with a medical background was there to advocate for my mother. My mother finally got an ultrasound of her leg. She had a huge blood clot running down the back of her leg from her knee to her ankle and multiple pulmonary embolisms in both lungs!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I left in tears and he was still being mean and was not sympathetic at all. He asked me, "what medication I wanted him to give me?" Isn't that something the doctor should decide himself? Don't go to this doctor if you need help with any serious medical concern.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2007

office personnel rude, impolite. Dr. does not follow through with suggested health plan. Has been negligent.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2006