Ratings for Dr. Zulfaqqar M. Jaffar

This so called Dr. is awful. He states that he is a board certified in Oncologist and Hematologist but he is NOT!! My father was diagnosed with cancer and passed away while under the poor care of this Dr. Two months after my fathers passing Dr. Jaffar diagnosed my mother as having cancer. Seems like he is just trading one patient for another. We are currently looking for a new BOARD Certified Oncologist. Please steer clear from him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I blindly was sent to Dr. Jaffar after a diagnosis of Stage 3 HCC. I was rushed through the initial consolation, and pronounced Stage 3 possible Stage 4, without a Biopsy or anything other than a CT Scan done a month earlier by another entity. I was put on an oral Chemo treatment, which the Specialty Pharmacy did not receive the prescription for for over a week. My second visit I was armed with a list of questions for the Doctor, but was not seen by hiom, instead it was a Nurse Practitioner who met with me, and did not really have any clear answers to my questions. After 4 months of suffering severe side effects from this Chemo, I was informed that it failed after one blood test and an ultrasound. When I asked about Radiation therapy, or other treatments that I had read up about, I was told that they were not applicable to my type of Cancer...which seemed odd, as they were specifically targeted for my Cancer. When asked what were my options, he tole me and my partner that there was ported Chemo, have a Medi-port Implant put in, then drip Chemo once a week, and after the 6th infusion they would be able to tell if it was working. Then came the "Jaw-Dropping" moment, when the Doctor actually said: "Do you really want to do that?" I said, well considering the options, what the heck do you think? I am currently on the search for another oncologist, as I have lost all faith and trust in this one.

Submitted March 7, 2016

Submitted December 27, 2014

If your case is remotely complicated, do not use this doctor. He couldn't care any less. It starts out good when his assistant tells you all about him, that he took a pay cut to relocate and help patients in San Antonio, etc. But it falls apart after that. The infusion room is chaos and the doctor has no regard for how sick a patient gets during treatment. My father landed in the hospital not because of this doctor but because another one saw how sick he was.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dr. Jaffar was so attentive to me and my family and his staff is great too.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Dr. Zulfaqqar M. Jaffar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Arabic

• Dow Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1990)

Workers Comp