Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Birgel

Worst doctor ever! Annoyed from the beginning and thought I was crazy for wanting annual labs since I looked healthy?!? Ridiculous how badly doctors can be and staying practice.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Had 3 visits at the 1st after not even talking to me he handed me a list of seven specialists to see & to see him in 3 wks ( like I could see all those specialists & have results in 3 wks) 2nd vists would not talk to me ~ no interest in my condition or problems he has no bedside manners. 3rd visits demanded to know why I was there ?? As per his nurse It was my six month check up he asked to see me !! I've changed drs I'm ver happy with my new one .

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I went to Dr. Birgel for a long time even though I was not satisfied with him. I was new to this area and didn't know who else to go to. Whenever I would ask him a question about my condition that I was seeing him about he would always say, "I don't know. But, I will be glad to refer you to a specialist." As time went on I realized he was sending me for tests and to specialists for minor problems. Most of these he should have handled in his office himself. He never talked to me or tried to explain anything that would help me. He'd run off, leave the room and say just a minute. Then, sometimes up to 15 to 20 minutes, he would send in his nurse with a referral to a specialist, and/or, an order for lab work. The only contact I would have with him after that would be when they'd call with the lab results. Never a follow-up visit to see how I was doing. I finally changed PCP and now have a great doctor who really cares about my problems and tries to help me.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

Dr. Birgel may be a good doctor, but his bedside manner is horrible. He has treated me rudely once. I chalked it up to maybe him having a bad day. A year later, when I returned for a check up, he was still rude. That's twice. I won't be back.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

I have gone to Dr. Birgel for several years. I have found him to be very helpful. He refers me to other specialists when he needs to and explains things to me and carefully answers my questions.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2008

Dr. Birgel is knowledgeable in certain areas. He takes little time in listening to a patient and avoids answers to questions asked. I do not feel he has a very good "bedside manner" for a physician. As per mutual agreement, he is no longer my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2007

Dr. Birgel is quick to refer patients to specialists without listening to see if he can resolve the issue. Can be condescending, arrogant and does not listen to understand.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2006

Dr. Michael A. Birgel's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1984)