Ratings for Dr. M.P. Braverman

I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted at the same time with no sedation. 2 simple and 2 surgical. A lot of post op pain (which is understandable and no ones fault) However I felt pain with 3/4 teeth extracted DURING the procedure. He did not numb my gum prior to freezing (so there is no pain from the needle-which is something caring doctors have done) and during the procedure I said I had pain but no extra freezing was given. THAT is my complaint. Have some human sympathy. Take the time needed to give an adequate amount of freezing. Don't put people through agony unnecessarily just so you can spend less time with each person and see more patients in a day and gain a dollar. I usually take these online ratings with a grain of salt but I wish I did not see this doctor. Would NEVER recommend him to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

This is the worst doctor I've ever seen, I don't care if he's one of the best in Vancouver in oral surgery, doctors need to be human first. After 6 days of excruciating pain due to a jaw bone infection after wisdom teeth removal, I got a referral to see dr Braverman since my mouth still can't open. I'm breastfeeding and I can't take painkillers, I only took Tylenol even when the infection reached my throat and I could barely swallow. This said, Dr Braverman touches me very rudely on the jaw and then tries to open my mouth to see inside WITHOUT ANY WARNING and of course the pain is terrible and he says it's because I'm not relaxed and basically the mouth doesn't open because I'm tense. At this point he writes a prescription for Advil which I cannot take because I'm breastfeeding, when I tell him so he says I should ask the pharmacist. Before leaving me, he expresses his doubt about me having had an infection 'maybe they gave you antibiotics but it wasn't necessary'. He didn't get it at all! I had a crazy infection that would have reached my airways and there was putrid pus in my mouth for days. I would never step in his office again, he's not professional, doesn't wanna understand the whole picture and makes assumptions without knowing anything about the patient in front of him.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I have had two TMJ surgeries performed by this doctor. I could not recommend him enough. He is knowledgeable, caring, and a good listener.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Braverman removed all 4 of my wisdom teeth during 1 operation 2 years ago. I have had NO complications since (nerve damage, left behind bits of tooth, nothing). I went to Dr. Braverman because he accommodated my insurance AND general anesthesia which was important to me as I have had negative experiences in the past having teeth pulled with localized anesthesia (freezing). Too say I was a little reluctant would be an understatement, everyone's heard the wisdom teeth horror stories and me, I'll overthink and panic on just about anything. To this day, my procedure with Dr. Braverman was one of my more positive experiences, in life in general not just dental work. I STILL have the T3 prescription he wrote me. I had very little pain if any post procedure, the procedure itself was quick, the anesthesia they used was calming, I felt no pain and I woke up feeling like $1,000,000. I was so anxious I got NO SLEEP the night before and I had an early 7:20am appointment coming from Richmond. I went with so many preconceived notions and every single one of them was completely shut down. It was a learning experience for someone like me.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

absolutely horrific. If you take anything from this comment - cancel your appointment. You're welcome in advance. His friendly staff is all this small man has going for him.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I have had two teeth extracted by Doctor braverman and two implants. He works fast, and although I am always nervous I feel his work is very good. He explains his procedures well.what I like most is that he follows up after the dentist fits the crown and then yearly afterwards forever To ensure the health of the tooth.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Dr. Braverman only cares about money. He was going to perform an arthroscopy on me because I've been having bad TMJ. After telling me all the ways he WASN'T going to help me, I started seeing a physiotherapist, who had helped me improve quite well. When I called the office asking if I could postpone because my physio (who specializes in the jaw) recommended it, I was told that Dr. Braverman would not tolerate it, and that he will not perform surgery on me at all at any further date. What a horrible attitude for a doctor, someone who is supposed to be helping people.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Dr. Braverman and his team were excellent. He performed a surgery on my tongue to remove a growth. I scar easily and was worried but you cannot even tell I had anything done; it is of the quality of a plastic surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Braverman. He was thorough in describing what the problem was, what he was going to do, and why. He spent extra time to answer all my questions and also warned me of all the potential complications, even though they were unlikely (and assured me of that as well). He was efficient, yet patient with me at the same time. I was nervous and had a lot of questions. He was reassuring and confident. His support team were friendly, great listeners, and fast. You don't find quality like this often.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I only have amazing things to say about Dr. Braverman and his staff at the Oakridge location. I had an uncommon benign tumor on the palette of my mouth and within 4 hours of discovering it, was in the office for a biopsy. I had day surgery at UBC Hospital 4 weeks later to remove the rest of it. Not only were the front desk staff and nurse professional, they were very kind and helpful when I had some basic questions after the second surgery. Dr. Braverman handled everything so incredibly well, was efficient with the initial biopsy and very punctual for every visit I made. He always took the time to answer my questions, I never felt rushed. If there was ever any concern with the healing process, I was able to come in for a quick check-in; I really appreciated the availability of the staff and Dr. to me during a time when I wasn't sure if healing was supposed to go the way it was or if I ever had additional questions. As for the final surgery, within 2 weeks the stitches were out and my mouth was pretty much back to normal, with still some minor healing to go. I don't think I have ever felt so cared for by a medical professional before, this somewhat scary experience was definitely a positive one simply due to Dr. Braverman and his staff alone. Also, a really big two thumbs up to UBC Hospital as well; I had never been there before but the care and attention there was outstanding.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Very good experiences with wisdom tooth extractions for both of my kids. I recently had a root extraction done with bone graphing to prepare for a dental implant for my front tooth. Everything went well. So glad I opted for the IV sedation! No pain afterwards at all. My only complaint is about his sedation nurse. She puts the tourniquet on WAY too tight for doing the IV. I noticed this when she did my son's IV and again with mine. Ridiculously tight- my whole forearm and hand were numb and it was extremely painful. There is no need for this. I'm a nurse so I know what I'm talking about. I told her it was too tight and painful and she just ignored me!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015