Ratings for Dr. Rebecca L. Dirks

Dr. Dirks knew of my medical history with previous gynecological issues and surgeries. During an exam, she spent a very very very long time examining my lower stomach area, and when I asked her if there was an issue she said a definite "no." Shortly after that I started having very serious issues and having symptoms that I recognized were the same as previous symptoms I had that required surgery. I asked Dr. Dirks about the issue, and without examining me again, she said she thought I had a recurrence of my previous issue - tests confirmed it. It became obvious that she saw/felt something at that exam and didn't bother to pursue it further, which caused me months of pain, discomfort and many issues with being able to do my job and function daily. Since I had been going to her some time and she had not made any progress on a number of other issues, it was more than time to be seeing someone else. Dr. Dirks is not proactive, wasn't effective and I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014