Ratings for Dr. Trevor G. Desouza

We placed our trust in Dr. DeSouza when our teen started exhibiting signs of "staring into space"/ with the inability to speak or move for several minutes at a time, followed by a heasache & extreme exhaustion. He immediately deemed them the after-effects of a "migrane." After ongoing monthly ( sometimes weekly) episodes, incorrect prescription medicine and years of this misdiagnosis we finally got a second opinion and found out that our child has epilepsy. Thank goodness he now has the correct medication and completely seizure-free for over 1yr since the day he started on the right script. *We found out he did this to another family as well--- the young girl exhibited same symptoms as our child, and he provided the same diagnosis: " after-effects of a migraine" to her as well. One would think a neurologist of this caliber would not make the same mistake twice. .. (At least that's all we are aware of.) Thank goodness we got that second opinion.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I took my son to be tested. He required 3 visits with of course 3 co pays to diagnose him. The final visit was to deliver his conclusion. The doctor tends to be quick about delivering his diagnosis so you have to be prepared with questions and tell him so he doesn't rush out of the room. Good doctor but rushed. Staff horrible. I went there because he was under my insurance plan and the pediatrician recommended him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

VERY unhappy with doctor and his staff. Inititally went to him with concerns regarding my son possible tourrette syndrome. Told the doc at initial visit, I thought my son had tourettes and ADHD. I then was told I needed to make 3 additional appointments to test for ADHD (one for testing, one for "office visit" andone for report/consultation- all 3 they of course charged copay. THEN, the doctor diagnosed my son with ADHD and nevr addressed the tourette's. Had to go back a 4th time to follow up with the tourette's-- which the doctor ended up misdiagnosing. The office staff is completely rude to top it off!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

great doc, but the worst staffs in the world!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011