Ratings for Dr. Amir Habib

Dr. Habib is very knowledgeable in many areas, however, he doesn't know anymore than he thinks he does!!! If he doesn't change his attitude, and choose to LEARN many things from others, including HIS PATIENTS, everyone will suffer!!! He lacks compassion; doesn't have a clue when it comes to listening to his patients, especially when he has already formed an opinion; he is much more tolerant for questions from male patients vs female patients. He does not react well, at all, when you have considerable medical knowledge and ask him to present his reasoning for what he believes is the diagnosis and what the treatment should be. Lacks knowledge when it comes to coordination care, where there are other doctors and caregivers involved in the care of HIS patients. You would think he would be grateful for the others being involved with HIS patients' care, so they could have the very best care available, thus, lessening their pain and suffering, but that doesn't seem to be the case; SO SAD!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

First off I must say I am grateful to this Doctor's amazing attention to details, because it set me on the path to my true diagnosis after many years of suffering. Unfortunately his insensitivity to my feelings and lack of respect for my intelligence made it impossible for me to continue as his patient. Viewing my extensive tests he noticed positive results to Lupus. Unaware I was never informed by my former Doctor he said "I see here you have Lupus". (later found to be systematic of Sygroms) Shocked I said "NO!" explained & to my embarrassment I started to cry. He just stood there watching & waiting in silence. Then left the room & sent in a nurse. His insensitivity coupled with how annoyed he would get when I asked questions (i called once & he got so impatient he literally hung up on me!). Interestingly I observed he treated my husband COMPLETELY different than me. These facts caused me to conclude he is a Dr. who prefers to have women to "treat" but not to be "heard".

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

Nice doctor ... is thorough in his exams. Takes time to listen to your concerns. Answers questions in a respectful manner.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Excellent doctor. Offers a discount for paying in cash if you dont have insurance. Answers ALL questions you have!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

Dr. Amir Habib's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 2002)