Ratings for Dr. Raul A. Rivera

Rude the first time I met him, he called me a liar when I told him I had lost over 50 pounds prior to seeing him. He said the numbers do not show that. He does not listen, did not check me for a strep infection the last time I was there. Often refused to see me in person, having me see a PA who had difficulty with English. Started me on medications I had already been taken off of. Did not understand my financial situation suggesting I purchase and use a tread mill. I never felt I had accomplished quality care with him. His staff on the other hand was compassionate and helpful.I would not recommend this doctor to anyone else and I am in process of choosing another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2018

He was rude and his comments to me were hateful and inappropriate. While in the waiting room, I heard him yelling at his nurses, which put me off to begin with. When he saw me, he came into the room with an attitude and began to degrade me and humiliate me immediately, and he obviously had no interest in hearing about my problem, finding out about my medical history, or anything else. The whole experience was so unexpected and bizarre that I really didn't know how to react - you would expect a doctor to have more class than that. I wish I could chalk it up to him having an off day (though most people on their worst days wouldn't speak to someone the way he spoke to me) but another woman in my family told me he humiliated her during her one visit to his office too. I just wish I had known that before wasting my time.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011