Ratings for Dr. Eric R. Pofcher

This guy never listened and talked down to me every time I went to see him. i got stuck with him when my doctor left. His first act was to change all my meds. The others were effective, but he changed them anyway and thankfully, his dangerous mistake with one med was caught by the pharmacist. Then later I had gained weight, was having trouble sleeping, became narcoleptic during the day and unable to read or concentrate on anything. I told him and tried to explain the circumstances...he said I just needed sleeping pills out of hand. Another doctor suggested a test for sleep apnea as this guy just wasn't listening. Bingo....right answer. After getting some control over my sleep apnea, I asked Dr. Pofcher if there was anything he knew anything he could prescribe to help me loose some of weight I picked up as I was starting to exercise more. His answer: "Maybe if you would have just pushed away from the table more, you wouldn't need anything now." Despite wanting to punch him, I ignored the comment and asked for his opinion on something relatively cheap, but effective because I am a full time student without a lot of money. He prescribed a $400/month Rx that he said he didn't know anything about but it should do something. I thanked him and never saw him again. AVOID THIS MAN. HE IS RUDE, INSENSITIVE AND DOESN'T LISTEN TO PATIENTS. HIS CAVALIER ATTITUDE COULD HAVE REALLY HURT ME SAVE FOR THE INTERVENTION OF A GOOD PHARMACIST.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I met Dr. P 6 yrs. Ago at the Va outreach clinic. I've had a positive and increasing feeling of his individualized care. Being First Nations my body has quirks (see HBP, diabetes, alcoholism) . He allows and adapts for this unlike one size fits all Drs. You will be served Well lby him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. Eric R. Pofcher's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)