Ratings for Dr. Michael G. Shell

Shell is nothing more than a pill-pusher and has no compassion for the people he suddenly discontinues from narcotic medication. He's more concerned about his commodity trading than his patients, and spends an inordinate amount of time on the computer, when he should be devoting attention to the patient. He's a shithead and all-around terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Shell for a very long time. I USED to think he was a great doctor until 2014. My pain was managed well, and in 2014, he cut my dosage by 3/4's! Since then he's shown NO concern for my pain or my withdrawal. Last month he praised me for how well I've done since he cut me from 480mg's per day, down to 90mg's, then I had a procedure and used my pain meds up a bit early, (I did not sneak in for an early appt), and he cut me off completely. Fired me as a patient. He's forced me to quit cold turkey, which can kill a person. I begged him for one more prescription, (I'm STILL trying to wrap my head around what I did so badly to fire me) to get me through until I can get into a new pain doctor, but he refused, and treated me like I'm a huge bother to him. I asked for a doctor's note for the pain and withdrawal that I am having, and that even annoyed him, because his reaction to the withdrawal-which lasts at the very least, 6 months- was like I'd feel great in an hour or two... He should NOT be a pain management doctor. All he talks about is his license, yet he wasn't concerned about it when over-medicating all his patients over the past 15+ years. It's called Patient Abandonment, and it's not something a doctor wants on his record. I would NEVER, EVER refer an enemy to this guy. Last year, I would've praised him as if he's a savior. After all that I've gone through with him in 2014, I'd probably feel better if I were in h*ll. This man has no concern or compassion for his patients whatsoever. DO NOT GO HERE. BAD DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Terrible doctor. He puts you on meds then makes you suffer from withdrawl with no explaination. Doesnt return phone calls

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014