Ratings for Dr. Sharon Oberfield

Dr. Oberfield was my doctor when I was younger, she diagnosed me with precocious puberty. She then used me for a study. She is a sweet lady, who knows what she's doing. She is busy and does receive phone calls during visits. She is a very fast paced doctor, everything is lets do this, lets get this done and boom, finished. She however does care dearly about her patients and treats everyone with respect, parents and children.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr. Oberfield may be the chief of pediatric endocrinology at a prestigious hospital, but even her 30 years of professional experience does not entitle her to the level of arrogance, disregard for patient input, and outright rudeness that she exhibited during our first appointment with her. While bedside manner may be just one part of the equation, in her case, it prevented her from taking a complete and accurate patient history, which made it impossible for her to make an accurate diagnosis. Dr. Oberfield treated us with disdain from the moment we set foot in her office, and from overhearing the numerous calls she received during our appointment, it is clear that this is how she tends to treat people. She may be knowledgeable--hard to tell--but with her inability to accept patient input, I strongly recommend staying clear of this one!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2006

Dr. Sharon Oberfield's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1974)