Ratings for Dr. Himanshu Desai

Dr. Desai has always been able to work me in while other doctors tell me to go to the emergency room.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I have been very impressed with the treatment I've received from Dr Desai over the last four years for my COPD and my benign lung tumor. This winter when all around me were sick with respiratory illnesses he kept me healthy. Under his watchful care, my lung tumor hasn't grown.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I think Dr. Desai is working the insurance & drug system for extra money. I don’t feel he has concern for his patients. It took a month for his office to schedule an appt. Initially he seemed concerned but it soon became apparent he didn’t care. He gave the same meds as every other Dr had. I offered previous records and he had no desire to see them. Later I received a call to do a lung function test. The same test I did 4 months earlier for my retirement. At my follow up a PA enters tells me my test indicated I might have a touch of asthma and I should start huffing these inhalers 2-3 times a day for the rest of my life, she says I’m good to go and to make a follow up in 3 months. I asked if I was going to see the Dr. and she said there was no need. I indicated to her that this isn’t even what I was trying to see him about; she said everything else looked fine and I should schedule a follow up in 3 months. She didn’t even ask if the meds he had given me had help my initial condition.

Submitted May 7, 2012