Ratings for Dr. Gary D. Levinson

My 79 year old mother was having a lot of problems. After repeated visits to Levinson he told her he did not know what was wrong with her and told her to go to ER. She ended up in the hospital with kidney failure and on dialysis. Levinson had her on Metformin. The hospital doctor said he would never give an elderly patient this drug. I went online and looked up the side effects. 5 of the symptoms my mother was reporting to Levinson were clearly listed and a waning about giving the drug to elderly patients. My parents now have new doctors. I would strongly recommend that you look elsewhere for a doctor. Unless you don't get sick. Then he might be OK.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

He was cold rude condescending and insulting. I slipped out when he called the nurse to draw blood. This was a first visit I was looking for a New Dr. as mine had left the state after being my doctor for 10 years! I was extremely disappointed and badly treated. This Dr. Didn't even know me but made insinuations! I deserve to be treated better than I was treated.

Submitted August 25, 2013

I've been seeing Dr Levinson for 10+ years. 2 yrs ago I signed up for the Concierge Choice program, at $1800/year. He's always been a good listener, very professional, broadly knowledgeable, and compassionate. He takes a wholistic view. Since having signed up for Concierge Choice, I receive annual physicals and a full spectrum of testing, revealing new conditions in early stages. I get RX's filled quickly and can reach Dr L by cell 24/7 as needed. His staff has at times dropped the ball, however I would recommend Dr Levinson himself without reservation. He is my doctor for life.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

Very pleasant and helpful. listens well to complaints, On occasions it has been difficult to get return calls from his staff, it seems better lately.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2009

Dr. Gary D. Levinson's Credentials

• Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Med Sch, Johannesburg, So Africa (Grad. 1987)