Ratings for Dr. Dina Mintz

I think this is a bunch of BS posted by Ms Mintz. Her hygenist when I went there, Thelma I think, there was nothing wrong with her. Ms Mintz's native language is not English I don't think and you can spot it in her use of English. Maybe she has some kind of mad-on for her hygenist and is trying to cause her trouble. My problem with Ms Minsk is overcharging. I noticed her contrived little tweaks with <10min of white stuff with no anesthetic and then a bill for a regular filling, like $180. The last draw was for 15 min for similar work and a bill for $520. Unblelavable rip. I guess I'd been flagged as a chump and she thought it was a safe do do it a little worse, which was the proverbial straw. It just kinda wants you to give her Mercedes a fresh paint job.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Mintz is a sweet dentist and gentle. I went to her for a few years and she cleaned up my teeth. My only comment would be compared to my current new dentist, Dr Mintz could be more thorough with her exams, although her work was sufficient. My current dentist's intake exam was 1.5hrs where they explained everything and are doing a lot of preventative work. Whereas when I went to Dr. Mintz, my exam wasn't that long. In the end though, Dr. Mintz was still a good dentist, just not as thorough as my current dentist. I agree with the previous comment in that I did not like her hygenist. I would have stayed at the dental office with Dr. Mintz if it weren't for the hygenist. There was one visit where the hygenist asked me if I wanted to be seen by the dentist because she didn't think I needed to. But the whole point in taking the time to visit the dentist is to see the dentist and not just the hygenist. Also, the hygenist's cleaning was very painful and I was never offered any local or topical anesthetic. I was given the impression to just suck it up. I mean my teeth were very clean afterwards, but until my friends told me that dental cleaning doesn't need to be painful, I didn't realize there was anything wrong with this.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Went to Dr Mintz once for tooth ache. She was very warm. She explained everything well. And from her diagnosis, she definitely is not after my money. I would definitely recommend her but unfortunately, I don't like the dental hygienist. She is very nice also, but she seem to have her own agenda and her work is a bit sloppy. Cleaning a quarter of my teeth per appointment she was able to leave tartar behind. Also she drew blood a couple of times under my tongue.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Just checking to see if my ban from posting here is still happening.I posted a comment a year or so ago about Ms Mintz billing. Must have hit a nerve because was removed within 2 days and when I tried to repost it I was reject because I had "spammed" this honorable dentist. I went to her for about 20 yrs and in the last 5 I caught wind of her overcharging for simple work.$1000 to $1500 an hour for simple stuff that took a few minutes and no anesthetic. YMMV, I'd go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr. Mintz has been my dentist for over 9 years and is a wonderful dentist. Her treatment is gentle and she is very professional and thorough. She is conservative in recommending dental work. I trust her judgment and know when she recommends treatment, it is needed. She has a great personality - with a smile worthy of a dentist :) Who enjoys visiting their dentist? I do!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Dr. Mintz is so gentle, respectful and builds great rapport. I was a patient of dr . Sawyer and was so pleased he chose such a great partner. She is humble and makes you feel special. Fanny is very efficient, and Velma is gentle and mogul of clients comfort. On time, pleasant moods.... I am dentist anxious but this is always a peaceful time. Thank you to all!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Dr. Mintz is very good at explaining what she is doing and taking the time to ensure that your comfort is a priority over speed of treatment.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

I have been going to this dentist for 6 years and I think she is great! Friendly, caring, and knowledgeable. Always remembers what is going on in your personal life which is crazy considering the number of patients that she must see! Her hygienists are also very friendly and are as gentle as possible (which is key when you have sensitive teeth like me).

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Very gentle, careful, precise dental work. I've been going for years and received only great work and no pressure to put more money into my mouth. Her hygienists are also excellent.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011