Ratings for Dr. William Mark Lauderdale

My daughter went to him for over a year as a'n anxious 7-year old and finally all he could say was, she has to decide to make a change in her behaviour. When she came back 7 years later with mild depression and self-harm, he put her on anti-depressants within 15 minutes. He claimed to offer therapy to her and parents but I was never pressed and never felt better for having gone.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

I'm really not sure how to rate this doctorbecayse other than writing a prescription, he really doesn't do anything or make any recommwndations of things that could help. My son sees him for ADHD but he barely even speaks to him. I think my som is a little unnerved by him. He seems oddly fixated on my sons height and weight, both of which are perfectly normal.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Amazing Doctor, been with him for 6 months and helped me get over my problems.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

After almost a year we are no better than when we started. Did not connect with our daughter at all. Everything was very black and white on this, no taking things into consideration at all. Daughter felt worse by going. He recommended I see an associate of his ,he was even crazier than I felt . Happiest day was when he said don't bother to come back as she's too old to,see him anymore .

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

The most terrible and useless doctor I ever met. Very cold, totally indifferent to parents concerns, and most shockingly not trying to connect with the child he is supposed to "treat". He asked my teenage son very abrupt questions on the first meeting, like "do you think you are depressed?" or "do you think you have an anxiety problem". Extremely disturbing first meeting with a child, despite 2 previous meetings with parents to supposedly understand the issues. My son left more depressed than before meeting him and spent 2 weeks in a miserable mood before getting over the terrible experience. What's worse is that, after spending more than 4 hours between parents interviews and an encounter with the child, and charging about $800, he concluded that he cannot help because the "child is not motivated to get help", which leaves anyone wonder: why do parents seek his "expert" advice if he doesn't even try to connect with children who are struggling and may not realize that they have issues that they need to deal with? The only recommendation he offered was to write prescription for an antidepressant (something a GP can do for you at a much lower cost). This doctor also strikes me as very materialistic, only caring about his fees. A phone interview for which he charges $50 for 15mn, actually took about 11 mn, and was a very cold conversation not even showing any sincere desire to find out what's happening with his patient or what he can do to help. He even spent some of the time he bills for to talk about his fees and options to pay. I don't know how this guy sleeps at night by taking advantage of fragile people and desperate families dealing with difficult situations to make money and bill the government without offering any help or even attempting to understand the issues. I am so outraged by his behaviour.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

He is supposed to be for children and families, but never even engages with our son, who is the reason we are there. At our last appointment, he didn't even greet our son. He is dismissive and condenscending and just wants to prescribe drugs. He doesn't want to waste his time explaining how he came to the diagnosis he did and certainly doesn't want to hear any differing opinions. Even his staff is cold and unfriendly. When we arrived to the appointment, she didn't even acknowledge our arrival. As soon as we can find a different psychiatrist in the area, we are moving. Do not go to him if you have any other choice.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

more concerned about when my wife and I would break up, and set up a time line.UGH it worked...so mad about the situation.....take away the xbox.....next visit give it back...next visit take it away....ok, right there 900 to health care................and a divorce the next day......after first visit.......and at the end of it wanted to see all 4 of us for appointments..........

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Did not like him at all. He made me cry and gave me anxiety attacks.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Mark listened to us and addressed our concerns ! He used both his expertise of his field and the insight we gave him about our daughter to treat her ! It was refreshing to have a professional treat us as equals and work with us !

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

I second and agree with ALL negative comments.DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND EMOTIONAL ENERGY... I spent a good two years with this guy in my teenage years, and he was 0 help! Always pushing medications, never letting you get a comfortable word in to explain your woes, always leaving you feeling helpless and worse off than you did before. Not a personable fellow at all! Couldn't connect with him if my life depended on it. But he had a sly way of comforting my family into a hopeful future, assuring them I was progressing. NEWS-FLASH, I wasn't, and I didn't until last year. Because of the issues he aided in masking, I lost my housing and a good portion of my family because he couldn't take the time to actually read my issues and help me through them.Instead he masked the issue with medication which helped very-temporarily. PARENTS: Communicate with your children ensure they are being 110% honest about how they feel and connect with him.. they wont progress through his inflated conceit!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014