Ratings for Dr. A.J. Salvian

Dr. Salvian is using EVLT procedure which I found out afterwards that many patients suffer a lot of pain so it is not used by other surgeon. He did not tell me. He is not knowledgeable and did not suggest other new procedures. I was told that if I paid $3000 for the laser EVLT procedure, I will recover in one week, can go back to work, normal activities & some bruises It was TOTALLY untrue. I was in pain for 4 weeks. Can not sleep at night, can not stand and put any weight on my leg. I was eating pain killer & walking with a cane. There are other procedures like Venefit or glue are better. Maybe he is not familiar with it or do not know how to do it . Don't go to him!! His secretary is very rude & cold. She treats you like dirt & answers your question with a harsh tone. The worst person in healthcare.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr.salvian is a highly respected and skilled Dr in his field, hence he is very busy, and so is his office assistant. Dr salvian explained my surgery and got me into the hospital within 2 months. Surgery outcome was excellent. A very tricky one dealing with nerves and carotid artery. I have nothing but respect for him. His work is top notch.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

WOW!!!! I called the doctor recently to see if there was some way to speak to Dr. Salvian on the same day as having my MRI, and understood that he was going to be on vacation which he obviously needed. But instead of helping me out by making another appointment so I can do both at the same time since I live 5 hours away, the secretary starts mouth off at me and saying the rudest things. That was not needed! Seriously the rudest person I have ever met in my life, had to actually hang up the phone because she wouldn't stop being so rude. I just wanted to see the doctor so I can finally be told that I will be fine and can do the surgery instead of other doctors saying I am going to die. I have heard a lot of good things about this doctor, but this was the worst secretary I have ever met in my life, and I have already seen over 100 doctors already and met their secretary and she is the WORST!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Disrespectful. We were only allowed to see his students like we weren't worthy of his presence.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I could not agree more with the negative comments regarding Mary. She is simply the rudest person I have encountered in the medical system. I have been coming to Dr Salvian for six years. She has been horrid, abrupt and dismissive every single time. I don't care how busy the office is, or how "hard" that must be for her- she makes a stressful appointment even worse.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Excellent doctor. Went above and beyond what was expected. Even to the extent of writing a second report to disprove a false report. Dissected this report and wrote an excellent response. Thank you thank you thank you.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

I am shocked and dismayed that Mary his secretary is still employed. She is rude, condescending and plain doesn't care about Dr. Salvian's patients. She refuses to book appointments that are urgent and will not even provide a time line. I have seen Dr. Salvian twice in 3 years and require urgent surgery based on his own recommendations and two other doctors. Even those other doctors don't know what is wrong with his secretary and can't understand what's going on. I will be willing to travel outside of the country now at this point for surgery and will sue for unnecessary damage because his secretary won't book appointments.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Arrogant, cold and very unfriendly receptionist gives the impression that your presence in the office is a great imposition on her. Doctor is rarely on time, even if your appointment is the first of the day. After his examination, he hands you a bunch of instruction sheets of paper that are not instructional at all, decorates them with his unreadable scribbles and you are out not having a clue what happened or what is wrong with you. - Lack of follow up on my condition resulted in it worstening. -- I'm looking for a different vascular surgeon. This man may be a very competent doctor, but his people skills and organization are unacceptable.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

A much belated thank you, Dr. Salvian, for saving me from a possible stroke, with your surgery on my left carotid artery Apr.-June, 2011. You were swift in getting Dr. T. Tsang to o.k. my cardiology health prior to this surgery. And you were swift in getting me to breathe again in the recovery room; very frightening! I remember so well laying in the pre-surgery prep room, with wires glued to and sticking out of my head like some Martian, and my daughter taking photos of me, to my stressed chagrin, then you breezing in from your holiday, all nice and tanned and relaxed, telling me you will see me in surgery that morning! And me begging for sedation, which was denied! And thanks to Mary for shuffling appointment dates, after my original surgery date was bumped once, meaning an extra, return airline trip back to Vancouver and home in the Okanagan. P.S. - I have had a lot of positive comments on the neatness of my left carotid scar! Pls be there for me for my right carotid surgery.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Dr Salvian and his Team are truly amazing. From the first consultation, to arranging the surgery with Mary and going ahead with the procedures, I would happily recommend (more than) to anyone needing a great vascular surgeon. Dr Salvian spent over an hr and a half with me going over my varicose veins and explaining the underlying problems associated with them as well the treatments available. Mary was very helpful over the phone and called several times to answer my questions. Dr Salvian also called to answer a question I had, to clarify things before the procedure. On the day of the procedure (Today) Dr Salvian and his fantastic surgical assistant Irene warmly welcomed me and kept me comfortable throughout the procedures.I had an uncommon deep vein that Dr Salvian was very careful with and explained much of what he was doing throughout the procedure. A little disappointing to hear of others negative experience with Mary, she is clear, concise and excellent at her job.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012