Ratings for Dr. Don McConnell

Absolutely thrilled with our appointment! He listened to my concerns and was amazing with my daughter! After MANY dr appts I feel like I was heard FINALLY by this man. Absolutely wonderful! Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

In March we were referred to Dr. McConnel. My poor son had such bad eczema and if it wasn't for Dr. McConnel I don't know how it would be today!! He was the one that suggested testing my son's skin for certain types of bacteria. He came back positive for having MRSA, makes so much sense why his skin was hardly getting better. He didn't tell me a lot about MRSA and I believe he didn't cause he didn't want me to worry about my little guy. He helped me get my son's skin back to normal and get 3 negatives and now my son is CLEAR!!! I truly trust his judgement and the staff working there are so unbelievably friendly.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

After a referral from our regular pediatrician today, we got in to see Dr. McConnell only a few hours later! Our first appointment was amazing and so informative for my 14 year old son's severe eczema. Dr. McConnell was amazing! His staff was very helpful at giving us directions to his office as well.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

He's a pleasure to deal with! I trust him with my son's skin conditions. He is very personable and knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Havent went yet i have an apontment for my son trying to call n get info it just rings someone picks up n hangs up

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

After our pediatrician of 8 years retired we were referred to him, firstly - high turn over of his personal staff, he left his practice to get his accreditation for ped. dermatology, leaving any and all patients who were not specifically dermatology patients hanging in the wind telling all if they weren't dermatology patients, find another pediatrician from that moment on. We were transferred/referred to another pediatrician who has been on Maternity leave now for the second time in the 1.5 years we have had the great misfortune in being referred to. Zero continuity of care. Now that my child has a dermatology issue, he said he won't see my children because it has been over "his 1 year period" and he refuses to see them without a referral! When he saw all 3 of them for just over 3 years! And when attempting to make an appt. his receptionist tells me he did keep some non-dermatology patients! After we were specifically told he wasn't keeping ANY when "ALL non derm. patients had to be transferred to other pediatricians. Lying to patients falls under terrible ethics/moral code practised by this doctor. Completely lacking in any continuity of care, devoid of honest practices, very questionable ethics practised by Dr. Don McConnell. Period.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

This is the pediatrition that all canadian health care recievers deserve! He was incredidle with all 3 of my kids and was great with my somewhat intimidating husband. We had been with him for the last for years and was soo knowledgable it was reasuring. His assisant Erin is incredible too, she really knows her stuff and is on top of communications with Dr.McConnel at all times.he never once made me feel like I was overbearing or like a hypocondriac, even though I would walk in feeling that way! He and Erin truly feel like an extended part of our family, wich was why is was so hard to see him go (to carry on with fuether education). When his beautiful wife and children stopped in, he even introduced us to them. He is a fantastic Dr. And his staff are amazing and know us all by name as well. He will be sorely missed and our next pediatrician his big shoes to fill.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

My3 year old son has been a patient of Dr McConnell's for 2.5 years now. Dr. McConnell is an amazing pediatrician. He is very friendly and understanding. He takes his time and listens to our concerns. He never makes me feel as though I am an overly paranoid mother. His advice with my 3 year old son's eczema and asthma has worked 100%. My son loves and trusts Dr. McConnell. Which is why I am sorry to hear that he is moving to Arizona. It will be difficult to have to get me and my son used to a new pediatrician.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

We have had a wonderful experience with Dr. McConnell. After struggling with our daughter's eczema for several months our family physician finally referred us to him and we are so relieved to have many new strategies to use for her skin. He was very patient, took almost an hour to listen to our concerns and gave us a lot of information. I expected to feel rushed and made to feel like our daughter's skin was fine because the day we had our first appointment her skin didn't look as bad as it normally does. But he was extremely understanding and knowledgeable. This is what healthcare in Canada should be like, all the time! I only wish he was our regular pediatrician and that his clinic accepted adults too!!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Wonderful doctor. Very open and down to earth. We're so lucky to have had him care for our kids.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014