Ratings for Dr. Donald Doell

I found Dr. Doell to be very rude,very disrespectful to his pt and of him. Talked over and at him. Spoke to this pt (my client/my friend) like he was a 2 year old. My friend cried when I got him home and asked me "if he was as stupid as Dr. Doell made him feel?" I could go on but I've already spent way to much energy this. We will not go back to him.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Fantastic physician with s sense of humor and great compassion

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Excellant. Great with patient care. I was sorry to see him go, which I understand were very good reasons. I found him very personable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr. Doell was first class, both in knowledge and care. I was sorry when he left Port Hope Community Care. While that organization did say they were getting other new doctors I doubt that they would be of the same calibre. Also, it is my understanding that the letter sent to patients came from the Community Care Centre, not Dr. Doell.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Dr. Donald Doell abruptly dropped all of his patients at the Port Hope Community Health Care Centre with no reason given. Patients were sent a very impersonal Dear Client letter, not even addressed to the patient's name. This is unprofessional to say the least and leaves patients wondering what went wrong. This also leaves the doctor and the health care facility open to rumor and speculation which is not a healthy situation. Secrecy is not a good policy.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2012

Excellent Doctor. Gets Right to the point. Very Thorough!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Knowledgable yes, excellent practitioner, but left MTL overnight and left a lot of his patients like me, hanging. Not only did we have to look for a new doctor, we had no way to get our files back b/c we couldn't track him down. Not exactly the professional thing to do in imho.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Dr. Doell is one of the best physicians in Canada. You are very lucky if he takes care of you.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

Didn't waste any time making a referral to a more qualified specialist. Saved my life!!!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

GOOD QUALIFICATIONS...POOR COMMUNICATIONS....SEEMS TO BE TOO BUSY TO RELATE IN DETAIL WITH PATIENTS

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010