Ratings for Dr. Mary H. Honkanen

My husband went in due to general practitioner's referral due to side effects from statin drugs and very high cholesterol. She was nice, put him on medication that he already taken in past (explained all side effects). She wanted him to try it "her way". Needless to say, 2 weeks later, he was hardly able to get out of bed, he was incontinent of bowels. I took him off of the medication and called Dr. Honkanen's office. His nurse told me "just keep doing what you are doing, that sounds good and he needs to come back to the office later on". REALLY??? So after they billed my insurance company over $800 for bloodwork and an MD visit this is the service we get. So our general practitioner puts him on a new drug that works and we call for Dr. Honkanen's office to fill out some paperwork saying that the drugs she gave him caused side effects, so that the insurance would pay for the new medication. I was told that my husband cancelled his appointment...the nurse got snappy and rude.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

This is the only doctor that I have ever been to that was able to manage my cholesterol and blood sugar

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

In my opinion, this doctor has the most obnoxious personality of any I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Dr. Mary H. Honkanen's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1989)

Ameritas