Ratings for Dr. Ashton L. Stanton

Dr. Stanton was arrogant and dismissive. He basically laughed in my face when I said I was there for cortisone shots. He said, well I've never even seen you before, and he tested my senses by using some random safety pin he pulled out of his pocket. How do I know how many other people he stuck with that thing. How was I supposed to know that I want there for cortisone injections when that is what my primary care physician led me to believe. He also talked to me like I was stupid. Over all it was an awful experience. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. I can't tell if he was like this because I'm female or because I'm in my 30's and on Medicaid and Medicare, or if he is just a jerk. I still can't believe he poked me with that safety pin. At the time I was too flabbergasted to say anything. Incredibly unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

My appt. with Ashton Stanton was the worst medical appt. I've experienced in my 67 years. As the reviewer below stated, he was disinterested in my medical history and didn't seem to care much about the considerable pain I was in.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

My friend had an appointment with this doctor recently and came away highly discouraged by the treatment provided by the doctor who kept interrupting and seemed highly disinterested in what my friend had to say regarding his medical history. Last time I checked medical histories were important to a diagnosis but not to Dr. Stanton who seemed to think otherwise. Perhaps instead of seeing patients he should find another way he can contribute in the medical field. His bedside manner is for the birds. And one would think Exeter Hospital that has had so many problems recently would want physicians associated with it to be much more professional and compassionate with their patients.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015