Ratings for Dr. Norman J. Fried

Glen Head, NY | 2016 We're so grateful our pediatrician recommended Dr. Fried for our son who suffers with severe anxiety & other issues. Dr. Fried is bright, kind, & genuinely concerned for the well being of our child and our family.With Dr. Fried, our son has made progress beyond our expectations. We have learned so much about how to help our child, ourselves and our family. Dr. Fried is bright, professional and someone we trust. We've seen several doctors before finally finding a great one! Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

My partner & I have been at our worst under his care. Dr. Fried is all about blame, fault & finger pointing. He always labels & accuses whichever one of us is not in the room at the time. We finally realized the only divorce we need is a divorce from him. Total negative energy. He has been successful in depleting our time, money & bond of trust. A big thumbs down.

Submitted November 11, 2015

Honestly, Dr. Fried is the most helpful psychologist I have ever seen. I've had quite a few dark phases and Dr.Fried really just knows how to pinpoint the issues and help me to confront them. Not only does he address my emotional issues with a psychological perspective, he also places what I may be going through in an example from his own past. Dr. Fried is not the type of doctor to just tell you what you want to hear and shoo you along. Dr.Fried's experience is evident when he aims to help you understand what is going on and help you cope, or even fully solve, the issue. He is one of the most intelligent doctors I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few. Dr. Fried is kindhearted and cares for his patients. He cares enough to be negotiable on payment amounts based on your personal economic standing. He is a religious and moral man who I trust with my psychological health.

Submitted November 2, 2015

A psychologist that will help his patient through tough battles in life

Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Fried is sensitive and insightful. He has helped me enormously with the loss of my son. When I come to his office I feel like I am in a safe zone. He doesn't pretend to have all the answers but listens and offer insights to the process of healing. I think he is brilliant in his field.

Submitted July 10, 2015

Norman has a deep heart and is in tune with children. If you are open to beautiful moments and healing you'll appreciate Dr.Fried

Submitted September 24, 2014

unprofessional and harmful emotionally to a patient. Stay away from this doctor. Put me down repeatedly, no proactive care at all. Would not trust this man with anyone's emotional health. He should be in a different profession because he has no emotional intelligence or any real interest in helping anyone. He is in it for the money and not the hard work that a real qualified ethical Doctor would do.

Submitted December 11, 2013

Very unprofessional!!! A psychologist with an anger management issue, awful temper and phony "soft-spoken" voice. Collecting your money is the only thing that matters to him. He does not want to know about the root of the issues you are seeking counseling for- only pretents to work on the superficial issues. Charges $200/hour and only accepts cash at time of visit. I heard him screaming at a child in his office without a parent there while I was in the waiting room. I was floored to see a little boy (about 10 years old) come out of the office and the parents were not there. He needs to be reported but like most others going there I need all my energy to deal with my own issues, which is why I went to him in the first place. Go with your gut when you meet him.

Submitted January 10, 2013

Not a good psychologist, does not help you or is proactive with the patient's issues. Verbally attacked me when I had to leave him because of finances. No respect or professional behavior towards me.

Submitted August 26, 2012