Ratings for Dr. Sree Bhavani Chalasani

Dr Chalasani and I met in 2012 when I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. From my very first appointment through today I find her to be very genuine and compassionate doctor. I cant thank her and Jamie enough for the warmth and compassion that they not only showed me, but every family member that i brought in with me for my appointments. For such a terrible thing to go through, chemo, radiation, clinical trials, etc, Dr. Chalasani and her staff made everything as pleasant as possible.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I was referred by my surgeon in ny to see dr chalasani @ basking ridge. Unbeknownst to myself she was the only dr available in basking ridge to treat my condition. She was obviously the wrong dr!!!!!! I told her I was a heart & kidney transplant patient from Colombia Presbyterian Hosp who now has cancer. She told me that has never treated a transplant patient before but we would "learn as we go". That's was totally unacceptable to me!! I'm sure sloan Kettering with all their experience had atleast 1 transplant patient in the past who they treated for cancer. Mind you getting cancer is a common side effect of transplant patients! She was not knowledgeable about my condition & she failed to get necessary clearances from both my cardiologist & kidney drs on multiple occasions. She sent in a staff member who stated that the dr was trying to obtain clearance w/o discussing my pet scan results taken 3 days earlier. Totally unprofessional! She also stated that they would not radiate, then told me that they would radiate later to be told by her secretary that they would not radiate. No explanation was gevien by her & in fact she had her secretary call instead of her!! Again totally unprofessional!!!! Nevertheless after making my complaints known to sloan they refused to change drs!!! That's terrible& problematic!!!!! Dont know what to do???? I'm in a bind b/c I'm in the middle of treatment!! Dr chalasani is not only unprofessional but cold, unknowledgeable, lacks compassion & unprofessional as well. She has the worst bedside manner I've ever seen & b/c of my past history have had several drs to compare her to!!! She is obviously in the wrong profession!!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

My dad was diagnosed in May of 2015 that he had Stage IV cancer. His surgeon was Dr. Kai Bickenbach and he was amazing and kind. I was warned about Dr. Chalasani's demeanor but she was the only doctor at Sloan in Basking Ridge that could treat my father. She was cold, clinical, lacked follow up and there is no warmth to her. She lacks compassion. My father passed away within 6 months and she was the polar opposite of Dr. Bickenbach. Again, I was warned beforehand about her and was told that while the treatment would be the same if we went to NYC, the manner in which Dr. Chalasani conducts herself is cold. I don't believe Dr. Chalasani is not in the right profession. Dilma Ramirez

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017