Ratings for Dr. Stephen K. Leenay

I have seen Dr. Leenay for the past 5-6 years while he was at the Park Nicollet clinic in Chanhassen. He was very helpful, knowledgable and comforting when I was diagnosed with GERD and Barrett's...he deals in reality and facts and some may not think that's 'personable' but as an adult, I don't expect a lollipop and a colorful bandaid. I got what I needed, understood my directions and options, and carried on. He has always been a top notch MD...finding a replacement when he moved on to a new practice has been challenging.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr. Leenay is the best - treats me like an equal, spends time with me, can give advice on all of my ailments - and has a sense of humor!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I have seen this dr on one occasion. I don't think he is the worst but he is not as one of the other raters stated "very warm", I did get the feeling he didn't trust me either. He prescribed me a beta blocker-I am 29 years old. After receiving a second opinion I was told that is not standard for anyone so young-it made me tired-the other drs in the group refused to let me try something else and told me it was all in my "head", which I know now is nonsense. I do find it very interesting that there are about 15 other drs, in this clinic and he is the only one rated. Seems a bit odd to me. If anything hopefully it will help him improve.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2008

I was very ill this summer, for several weeks,and then again in the fall, with an unrelated illness. I had seen a couple of other doctors prior to Dr. Leenay, who I ended up with by happenstance. He was hands-down the best. He was very thorough, listened attentively, took all the time with me, and clearly was very knowledgeable. Both my spouse and I have since made him our internist.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008

Great Dr. He's knowledgable and provides great advice. Good listener. He can really help you improve your health.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008

I HAVE BEEN SEEING DR. LEENAY FOR 2 YEARS ... HE HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE IN EXPLAINING MY MEDICAL TREATMENT OPTIONS AND CONCERN ABOUT MY WELL-BEING. I FIND HE AND HIS STAFF ARE PROFESSIONAL AND TIMELY IN DEALING WITH MY MEDICAL NEEDS.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2007

Likes to prescribe the same antibiotics over and over even when they don't cure the problem. Failed to recommend major surgery that was necessary. Had to be hospitialized and learned I should have been recommended for the procedure 3 years prior. Does not return lab results in a timley manner. Does not return calls when immediate direction is needed for recurring infections. Would not refer anyone to him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2007

Leenay seems to know what he is doing and has been able to help me a number of times, including dealing with issues that needed a relatively quick response (sometimes over the phone). He is not a particularly warm person and can seem skeptical at times as if he doesn't quite trust you. I'll continue to see him - the Park Nicollet in Chanhassen is a good facility and I get what i need.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007

Mr. Leenay is an excellent diagnostician and was clearly knowledgeable. I felt comfortable in his office and presence, and I would definitely go back if I ever need to do so.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2006

Very sincere and helpful. Excellent knowledge of my condition and methods of treatment. Took the time to make sure I understood my next steps. Did not feel rushed or undertreated. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2006

Dr. Stephen K. Leenay's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1987)