Ratings for Dr. Prenard R. Mickens

He did a fantastic job and I was very impressed by the follow up phone call the next day.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

I had dreaded getting a root canal because I had always heard how painful they are, tooth won't get numb if there's infection, etc ...I found out today that's totally false. My tooth was painful and infected - I never felt a second of pain during the procedure. It only took around one hour which really surprised me, too...Dr. Mickens was very precise in cleaning out my tooth, taking measurements, taking x-rays, and telling me what to expect . Super nice doctor and staff, also plays great music on the radio to help pass the time...lol! Even called me himself to see how I was doing. He took away my fear of the words "root canal" !

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

not very pleased at all. Would rather had my tooth pulled

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr Lutin refered me to Dr Mickens. Saturday at 5am I called Dr M for an emergency. He returned my call by 7, agreed to see me at 1, and waited 30 minutes for me because I was late (trying to find a driver). When he placed the dam clamps on my tooth, it snapped right off from brittleness because I had put off the root canal for so long. Dr Mickens still cleaned out decay/placed a temp filling in. On Sunday, he called twice to check up on me. I have a phobia of dentists, which gives me panic attacks and causes me to tense up, shake, and cry during a procedure. Dr Mickens gave me plenty of breaks, talked calmly to me, and sang pleasantly to the radio. He administered novicaine in small amounts, so that it hurt a whole lot less. He also has a massage chair and a huge flat screen in the room. I was able to trust Dr Mickens quickly, despite the terrible circumstances. I hope to see him for future root canals I was quoted $1,000 for a root canal on bottom right tooth #29 (2 behind canine).

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

I had contact with four staff members during my visit and each one was very friendly and professional. Dr. Mickens is also very knowledgeable and and compassionate. He walked me through every step of the root canal, explaining what he would be doing next and reminding me to signal him if I was in pain. This was my first (and hopefully last!) root canal and I was very nervous going in. I had some initial pain from the injection, but Dr. Mickens allowed time for me to become completely numb before continuing and went out of his way to make me comfortable during the whole process. The entire staff here was awesome and I highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I arrived on time and did not have to wait at all. Office personnel were kind, professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Mickens performed my root canal professionally with no pain other than minimal pain from the shot. I was referred by my dentist who said if he needed a root canal, Dr. Mickens would be the doctor he would go to. His recommendation was spot on. I would refer friends and family without hesitation.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

Waited 90 minutes for my first appointment before I was even seen. During every appointment while he was working in my mouth the receptionist kept coming into the exam room and distracting him with questions about accounting for other patients and appointments. After 10 appointments he still could not complete the procedure and refused to treat the infection with antibiotics after the initial round. Every time I came back in he only said I don't know what is wrong and you shouldn't be in pain. Initial consult payment was to be applied to the total treatment however this was not honored after 4 months of discussing it and no refund was ever issued to me after insurance payment. receptionist is very unproffessional and entertains waitig room with her divorce and family issues. I had to go to another provider to get treatment for my infection and tooth after 2 months of weekly visits and him not ing able to do a thing. Also dental assistan does not speak Enlgish.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013