Ratings for Dr. Jay R. Marks

I recently brought my 84 year old aunt to the emergency room at St. Vincents. Unfortunatly, we ended up being treated by Dr. Marks. She had fallen and had superficial wounds to her nose and face, which was treated. More importantly, she had also had heart problems, pain and irregularity, which he refused to treat. The technician already had the EKG stickers attached to her, when Dr Marks walked into the room and demanded that it be taken away. I was left to remove the stickers myself. When I tried to explain to the Dr. her history of congestive heart failure, and her recent compaint of heart irregularities he said, 'she is being treated for a fall.' And refused to do anything in regard to her heart, then sent her home. She has been to St. Vincents on many times with the same heart problem, treated for them, and subsequently admitted. This was the worst treatment I, or any member of my family has received by any doctor. We will file a complaint with hospital management.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2009

This doctor was absoultely wonderful with mt family member. He took care of everything and we did not have to wait. He was more than caring and talked with us. We were very glad to have him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

This doctor's bedside manner stinks. On a recent visist to St. Vincent's emergency room he was rude, condensending, insulting and arrogant beyond belief. After he verbally attacked me for for bringing in my 93 year old grandmother for treatment I asked him to leave and requested another doctor. He told me I needed educating and that he could "hang her(my grandmother) from a flag pole for all he cared." I reported him to the hospital administrator and the patient representative. Mind you, he said all this in the presence of my grandmother with total disregard for her feelings or mine. I have never encountered such callousness and indifference from a doctor before this incident and I hope to never experience such unprofessional conduct again.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2006

Dr. Jay R. Marks's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Little Rock, AR