Ratings for Dr. Betsy A. Ostrow

Not reliable- had two emergency situations, yet received their return calls after 12 hrs or so. We ended up calling 911 and going into ER for both cases. Although we found Dr. Ostrow and Simonowitz very friendly and knowledgeable, the combination of their staff (very hostile for some reasons, maybe overcrowded??) and their wait time (45-50 min for scheduled visits) make this practice STAY AWAY.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

Doctor is ok but I needed a doctors appointment within 9 days and they did not have an appointment avaliable for any time in the next 9 days. When I am there I have to wait over an hour just to be seen.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2007

I took my oldest to Dr Ostrow when she was only about 5 mos old. We were new to the area and didnt know anyone/ Drs etc. I would agree with another comment posted on this page that I beliew this practice was intended to stay small and personal-but has become to large for Dr Ostrow and her partner to handle. You can wait a VERY long time to see the Dr. I also had to switch b/c I had very young children. Waiting 45 min to an hour was no longer an option or reasonable. Dr Ostrow was nice to us as did her nurse. However, I would suggest if you choose this practice stick to Dr Ostrow and stay away from her partner. I found her to be VERY harsh

flag | Submitted March 18, 2007

This doctor was very rude and condesending to me. This we about 8 yrs ago, so maybe she improved her people skills. I took my then 18 month old son to her b/c he was brewing an ear infection. He had lots of them, so I was pretty familar with the symptoms. She looked in his ear and said she didn't see anything. I said I know my son pretty well, he's getting an ear infection, are you sure? She said "and where did you get your medical license?" Then I heard her complaining to the staff that "she (me) just didn't want to be kept awake at night by a sick baby!" WRONG. I wanted to spare my child anymore pain. Well, wouldn't you know, he got the high fever later that day, and the next day his ear infection was confirmed by another doctor with the same practice at a different location. Needless to say I requested my two kids files be removed from her office as we wouldn't be seeking her services any longer.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2006

Dr. Ostrow is an old school doctor who listens to the parents as well as seeing the actual problem with the child. Sometimes you have to wait but what doctor's office do you not have to wait. I have been more than happy with her treating my 2 children one of which was sick very often so we were there once to twice a week the year of 2005. She help build my confidence as a parents as well! Dr. Ostrow and her staff are like a family and they make the patient feel they are part of that family. My oldest child feels Dr. Ostrow is her friend which makes me happy because she trusts the doctor and will tell her anything. I highly recommend Dr. Ostrow to anyone looking for a high quality doctor for their child in the Exton, PA area. To my family and I she is like an angel from heaven. Excellent bedside manor which I forgot to add.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2006

Took my daughter to this practice. I will say Dr Ostrow and her nurse were very nice to me. They returned my calls and made me feel comfortable when I had a question. However, I felt their practice was too big for them to handle. Dr. Ostrow only has one other partner. I think they ideally wanted to keep their practice smaller for parents who did not want to take their children to an office with 10 different Drs (where you often don't see the same one more than once). I felt they seemed overwhelmed. IT came to the point where I felt I needed to switch after I waited 45 minutes in the exam room for her (after waiting 15-20) in the waiting room). If you have smaller (more impatient:) children, this may not be the best practice.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2006

Dr. Betsy A. Ostrow's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)