Ratings for Dr. Larry Kiel

My experience with him was not good. He lectured me and barely let me speak. He was condescending and unpleasant. The only time he asked me to talk was when he wanted to eat during the session.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I would not reccommend Dr. Larry Kiel to anyone. I believe he just tries to milk patients for as much and as long as possible, much like one of the other reviewers said. He discounts any other form of help, institution, or other doctors and puts himself up as the only solution to the patients' problems. A book, minister, MD, counselor etc. is as good or better than what Dr. Kiel has to offer.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

This has been a work in progress. Dr Kiel highly recommends taking notes as we talk. That way I can refer to what we talked about and apply it to my daily life. He gave me a model to work with first and eventually we have been drilling deeper into where things came from. He has been very helpful, has a gentle mannerism, and he encourages two way discussion. I like him.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

I saw Dr. Kiel for several months when I was in my early 20's. I feel he took advantage of my vulnerable state; he would talk about pointless matters for entire sessions and tell me personal stories. He convinced me it would be better to pay cash rather than claim it on my insurance. He said that my insurance would skyrocket if I claimed my sessions, but I later heard from another mental health professional this was untrue and he was probably just not wanting to fool with the insurace paperwork. He cut our sessions short several times and was constantly behind, sometimes by 1/2 an hour.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011