Ratings for Dr. Madhurika Samakur

What can I say? The staff is terrible. I have had medicine that was never called in over and over again. I had FMLA paperwork that was not done over and over again. When I complained about the paperwork which I needed to keep my job, they filled it out but charged me $150 out of pocket. They sent me for tests that were to my surprise not covered by my insurance. My calls are never returned. Ever. I liked Dr. Samakur's bedside manner when I first went there but now I am quite disgusted. I feel like I am in a bad relationship. Drama and inattention are rampant. I am struggling with my RA and have no support from this doctor. I go without meds on a regular basis because they simply don't call them in. Then they make it seem as though it is my fault. I am looking for a new doctor. One that cares. Please don't go to this office. You will regret it.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I was recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in May of 2016. I chose Dr. Samakur and am now regretting it. In August I asked for a prescription and was told that it would be called in by 6 pm. After an hour and a half of sitting at the pharmacy waiting, it was never called in. The next day I was told that their system went down and that they were sorry. I guess they forgot how to use a phone to call the script in the old fashion way. Then In September I called and requested a prescription again for my pain on a Thursday at 2 pm. I never heard back from them and they were closed on Friday. You can't reach a Dr. after hours at all. They only take calls from other Dr.'s or the ER. It was Labor Day weekend, so guess what, I had to wait till Tuesday the next week to get in touch and ask again. I have called many times and have a message telling me that I am next in line and they will be right with me, then 10 minutes later, I am transferred to their voice mail. Then today, I call to find out what is up with my routine blood work which was taken 3 weeks ago. They tell me the Dr. wants me to come in ASAP to check my liver and kidney. This worries me and I think something is wrong with the results and they are wanting to recheck me. NO, that was not it. They say the lab spilt my blood and never ran the test. WHY is it that it has been 3 weeks and I am just hearing about this? I asked about my blood work on the 1st and again today and if I hadn't asked twice would I have ever been told? They say that the lab did not notify them, I do not believe that. Dr. Samakur is nice, but after the first visit was less attentive to me on the second visit. I had asked her about pain in my left foot, she blew me off and said that it had nothing to do with RA. Really??? From everything I have read about RA, foot pain is a very common problem. It is also ironic that since increasing my dosage of medication, the foot pain is now gone. She did not even bother to ask me for details about what my pain felt like, what part of my foot or anything, she just blew it off. I was considering becoming part of a current research study and had sent over the request for medical records from the research company. This was done over a month ago and at my appointment, Dr. Samakur, tried to discourage me from participating. I told her that I would decide what I wanted to do after I went to the initial screening and reviewed what the research entailed. I found out today that they never bothered to send my medical records to the research study even though they had the signed request to do so. I will now be seeing a new Dr. and am a very unhappy patient who doesn't feel valued at all.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I don't even know where to start . Just don't go there !!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

The office staff was great. The doctor was pleasant, friendly, and listened to me. She explained to me what was going on in terms I could understand. Overall, a great experience. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

I have to say I'm very pleased with her. She is not only very knowledgeable in her field, but also very kind and patient when listening to my issues. She explained me in detail what were all my treatment options, which one she would start with and why. Thank you very much!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Doctor Samakur was late for our appointment. When she got there she recommended several procedures and explained why they made sense. We asked about the cost, and she told us repeatedly that because they were RA-relevant procedures they would be 100% covered by insurance. Three months later we received bills for almost $1000 because the procedures weren't covered. When we asked about it, we were told that she knows nothing about insurance. When we asked why she was giving patients insurance information that she doesn't have, we were not given an answer and have not heard from the office since.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012