Ratings for Dr. Leland Berkwits

I just left the office ,having a injection. I am so pleased with the staff and Dr.Berkwits. Finally a Dr who did not give me a handful of pills. My mother died from drug over dose after back surgery that another practice did so medication to treat the pain was not an option for me. medication is only a baind aid for pain...I wanted to fix the pain, not feed an addiction.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I never though I would add a bad review about a doctor. But I must. He is unprofessional, unhelpful, and uncaring. This is not about getting medication. I never have from him and from few other doctors. This is about not getting any treatment at all and paying a high copay for literally nothing. Now I have to wait God knows how long to get another doctor after waiting forever to see him. This does harm. I am was so depressed when I go home that I even considered suicide and had to speak to my pastor to pull me out of it. I wsss hoping to get help to get to return to functionality. I got nothing at all.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr. Berkwits and his staff were very informative with the treatment that my father in law needed. My father in law is very happy that the injection treatment worked and he did not have to have surgery on his spine. My father in law would highly recommend Dr. Berkwits. He could not thank him and the staff enough for what they done for him. They took their time with my father in law and answer any all of our questions.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Has provided with excellent care, he tailored the drugs for my specific hip injury. Always spends quality time ask me if I have questions. My biggest supporter managing thru workers comp. He is definitely a compassionate physician. I can't imagine how different my life in chronic pain since my injury would have been had I not had such a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr Berkwits has helped me deal with crush injures to my lower back. Over time we have found pain management that works for me. He didn't just give me a bunch of meds but worked me up to the amount i need to do my job. He also gives injections at his office that have helped me. If my injury had of happened to my child I would take him to Dr Berkwits.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Had arrogant attitude...ordered mri of my brain but told me nothing...would not treat me because I smoke marijuana....downplayed my position and my pain....i cried all the way home.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

This doctor has repeatedly downplayed my husband's back pain from 4 surgeries. Dr. Berkwits changed my husband's medication after continuous complaints of pain and used a lower dose conversion which caused my husband to have morphine withdrawl on top of his pain. When I spoke with the doc by phone I really felt like we were being accused of drug seeking when the doctor himself told me "if your husband is looking for stronger medication he's asking the wrong doctor". I told him, we are looking for a solution, not stronger drugs... and I was told "your husband had the surgery it didn't work, so that's that. There's no surgery to fix the surgery not working." So Dr. B's choice is to make my husband go thru withdrawl rather than treat his pain. Told me to go ahead and have him take an extra dose, and when I said should we space them 8 hrs apart (because the original dose was 12 hrs) he LAUGHED and said of course. Not very professional. We come to health care professionals for help.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Very pleased with his treatment plans, how thoroughly he studies my case, and his knowledge and experience with this kind of treatment.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Dr. Leland Berkwits's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1984)