Ratings for Dr. Jolie G. Porter

I rated Staff a 4 only because of the front desk. Her assistant is excellent. Dr. Porter is very patient. I what I like the most is that she uses common sense.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

I can't get in to see her when I'm sick. I was told by the receptionist I had to have an appointment to see her, and the next available date was 2 weeks away. I asked the receptionist< "If I can't see my own doctor when I'm sick, where am I supposed to go?" She replied, "You could try a minor medical facility." What good is having a doctor who you can't see when you are sick?!! I can get annual physical checkups from anyone, but I NEED ACCESS TO MY DOCTOR WHEN I'M SICK. I'm currently shopping for another Primary Care Physician.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I have always found Dr. Porter to be patient with great listening skills. What I love about her is she has common sense. Her diagnosis about me were very accurate.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2009

WE HAVE USED HER FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND BEING ELDERLY WE USE HER A LOT.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2007

I have thus far found Dr. Porter to be patient, knowledgeable, and helpful. I never feel like she's rushing me so she can see other patients; she always sits with me and answers all of my questions. My husband went to see her with an unusual problem, and she didn't come back to the examining room until she had researched it fully and felt confident in talking with us competently about it. She referred me to a great OB/GYN, too.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2006

Dr. Porter initially struck me as sympathetic/ principled. However her diagnoses of me became consistently wrong. I would have been far better off w/immediate, consistent referrals by Dr. Porter to specialists who could diagnose the problem accurately. Then Dr. Porter never would have been wrong & I would have saved pain, emotional trauma and money from misdiagnoses. There seemed to be an absence of continuity of care in sense that visit did not usually refer back to old business in my medical chart to check that old business taken care of (i.e. colonoscopy for example). A "checks and balances system" would have been helpful so nothing fell through cracks. In my experience office help wanting; told me prescription OKed so I went to pharmacy close to closing but it had not been phoned in; sometimes front desk on phone acted like I was bothering them. My husband told he did not need colonoscopy. Other internist subsequently ordered it and 2 polops found & removed.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2006

Dr. Jolie G. Porter's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1990)

Workers Comp