Ratings for Dr. Staci R. Emerson

Dr. Emerson's approach to addiction is an evolved look into the issue that almost all of us face to one degree or another. I highly recommend her as a therapist.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

While I agree with the previous comment that your mental health is precious, I could not disagree more with his or her review of Dr. Emerson. I have known Staci for almost fifteen years and I attribute much of my happiness and mental health to the work that I have done with her over the years. She not only helped me process significant trauma from my childhood and early adult years, she gave me the emotional tools to take with me to lead an incredibly rich and rewarding life. While most of the work I did with her was in the early years, she has remained a staunch ally to whom I can turn to whenever I am in need, or simply want to share the happiness that I have found. She has been and continues to be one of the most profound influences in my life. Not everyone is ready for that. It takes time and serious commitment to the process. If you are willing, however, you will not find a more compassionate, supportive or skilled professional to take with you on the journey.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

I was treated by Dr. Emerson for a year, and I am very close to five other clients of hers. This gives me a broad perspective from which to rate her absolute zero. Not because of anything as simple as mere incompetence or a poor ability to connect. On the contrary, she has an appealing demeanor and she gives the impression of being both compassionate and skilled. Unfortunately, what she is skilled at is not healthy, effective psychotherapy. I have directly experienced as well as observed in others that her methods are not just ineffective, but actively destructive, often in the extreme. I strongly urge you to look elsewhere for a therapist. I also encourage you do your homework on ANYONE you are inclined to choose - your mental health is precious, and you must be as cautious in turning it over to someone else's power as you would be in turning over your body to surgeon. There are terrific therapists in this city who can really help you; I wish you well in your search.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013