Ratings for Dr. Africa S. So

Dr. So can be a bit bipolar. Some days she's nice and other days she's rude and as if she doesn't know you. I want to be able to ask questions about my children and not have to worry what mood she's in and if she's going to be rude. Personally, I'd switch to Dr. Lavadia. She's much more professional.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

She is rude, doesn't like to be asked questions and never smiles. She even misdiagnosed my daughter's illness. The staff is nice, though, and more helpful than the Dr.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I have been going to Dr So since my oldest was born. She really listens to what the parents want and balances that with what the child needs. She is amazing with my kids. She might be a little reserved, but my children love and trust her. Every referral that she has given us has been the perfect person for what was needed. Not just the right specialist, but the perfect specialist for my child's physical and emotional needs. I am shocked that anyone has had a negative experience with either her or her staff.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

she is aloof because maybe she doesn't know what she is doing. She is a perinatal specialist.... then don't do pediatrics...

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

My kids have been with doctor So since the day they were born she actually saved my sons life. When my daughter was 1 year old she became ill and was take by ambulance to the emergency doctors wanted to do a procedure that I wasn't to sure about so I called Dr So from the hospital and she told me to bring her to her office (after hours) doctor met us there and treated her. My kids will not see any other doctor but her, I've changed insurances back and forth to make sure they are with her. My kids are now 15 and 19, when we go to see her she spends more time talking to the kids about what's going on with there lives and what there doing vs why were in there. We recently told her that my son will have to be transferring soon since it is alittle to old to be coming into an office full of little kids. To this day I still haven't transferred him. We Love Dr. So!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

I have been going to Dr So for 19 years now. What I read above shocks me!My son was 6 weeks old and was admitted into the hosp at St Jude. I was seeing a Dr who was head of Pediatrics of the Hosp. Lets just say I had a bad experience with him. Dr So seen my son on a wednesday and admitted him in the hosp that saturday. I had the preist come in and give him his last rights and Dr So was compasionate with us and she talked us through everything! She has been nothing but compasionate for my kids. She always talks with them wants to know what is new in their lives and school and she tell my kids that she loves them, she has cried with them. And as for her being late, tell me what Dr is on time?! I would drive to her from Temecula with sick kids and there is nothing that I would change. She has been a GREAT Dr for us. Im sorry that you have had a bad experience with her. Dr So I cant tell you enough how Thankful Iam for you and all you've done for my kids. And for the white comment,Im white

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

This woman has no skills in talking to people. She is Filipino and I think she needs to take some courses on ethics and effective communication.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

My daughter has seen her since 07 and i have another one that has seen her just hte last 2 months..she has some days where i don't even see her, and when i do she does tend to not be talkative or reassuring..she's a very smart lady and for the 1st time i saw her talking and laughing with my 3 month old baby..the people who work there seem uninterested and act like they don't love with they do.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

I have to agree with the other reviewers. She was professional but somewhat aloof and reserved. Maybe better suited for a different field than pediatrics, where warmth and sincerity are necessary.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

My 3 year old has gone to her since he was born and just as all the other reviewers said above she is unhappy and rude. My husband trys to crack jokes with her everytime we go in and cannot even get the slightest smile. My OBgyn referred me to her and I do believe she is a very smart lady and a skilled physician. She just doesn't care. I also think that she is in such a hurry (I counted one time and I think she is seeing about 6 patients an hour)that she is bound to make a few mistakes. I think it is time for me to find a new Dr. for my son. One who cares.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

Dr. Africa S. So's Credentials

• Univ Of The East, Ramon Magsaysay Mem Med Ctr, Quezon City (Grad. 1972)