Ratings for Dr. Sarah A. Merritt

Dr. Merritt now kisses the Government and the CDC's butt. She does not care how much pain you are in, she is going to lower your dose of pain meds. As for Shannon Martin? The stuff that comes out of her mouth is so laughable, if she only knew! She is one stupid wanna be Dr.!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr Merritt is a great pain doctor! She's been a huge help for me!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Too many patients. You initially see Dr. Merritt but then you are pushed off on the new Nurse Practitioner Shannon Martin, CRNP who makes decisions that the doctor should be making and discussing with you. If you ask Ms. Martin any questions, she takes issue with it like you are questioning her authority. For being a newly licensed CRNP she has a lot to learn about dealing with chronic pain patients who suffer with chronic pain on a daily basis. She is not very compassionate and has an inflated sense of self. Ms. Shannon Martin would fare much better being a little more understanding instead of being a dictator and being so dismissive when you ask her any questions. She does not take how you are feeling into consideration, makes you feel inferior and treats you like you are a child, not an adult. She has the mentality and has commented on several occasions “if you don't like it there is the door.” I am searching for another doctor. Beware.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr Merritt has always done right by me! If your in chronic pain she is a great doc! I have been going to her for two years now and I think she always does her best. I appreciate the time she spends and she's helped me relieve most but not all of my pain in my right leg and low back.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I think Dr. Sarah Merritt is a excellent pain doc because she took time to hear me out about my pain. Some docs just rush you through the appointment and don't explain what their doing. Dr Merritt is not like that at all. She got my meds squared away and did a good pain block in my back that has been real helpful so far. She's a smart doctor and I can tell she cares about helping me and I'm not just a number. I recommend Dr Merritt if you have pain and need to get relief.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr Merritt has been really compassionate with me since I started seeing her @ Rex a coupla years ago. She asked me some good questions about how my pain is day to day and how my pain effects my life. She made a good change my medication so I don't get dizzy anymore but it helps my pain more at night than I was getting before. I think she's really with it and she cares. I've gotten a lot of injections in my back in the last five years from lots doctors and I can say this doctor has good hands because I get good pain relief for a good while afterwards. I like the nurses at Rex also.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr. Sarah Merritt is NOT a doctor that I would recommend to anyone. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Dr. Merritt has been compassionate with me in the year and half I've been going to her. I have seen two of her partners also and I like them too - dr toone and dr lam. I have cut back on my pain medication in the last year. We added a TENS unit for my lowback pain and that seems to help alot, along with the neurontin she prescibed for me. Dr Merritt answers my questions in plain english instead of medical mumbo jumbo. She listens to my problems and she is very knowledgible about the options. She referred me to a physical therapy in Raleigh and I have gone a few times and it has been good.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

After seeing the doctor she gave me a new med. It was so bad and I had bad side effects. I called the nurse hotline and left a message. I went in the next morning and did not wait for a call back from the nurse because sometimes it takes a few days. They made me pay for another doctors visit because of side effects to a medication. To me that is just money seeking.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Very knowledgeable and helped my pain! I was referred for an injection but have had medications prescribed as well. I can tell a difference in my pain since I started coming here.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Sarah A. Merritt's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Champ Va