Ratings for Dr. Umesh H. Gheewala

Dr. Gheewala was working at John Muir Urgent Care Center when I went in for a painfull abcess. He suspected I might be diabetic - even though I ensured him I'm not, as I've always had low fasting blood sugar levels. He tested my blood sugar, and told me to get dressed, and go to ER immediately. He would let them know I'm coming. My blood sugar was over 525. He suspected I was diabetic, and was correct. I went to ER, and was in the Hospital for 5-days (only because of a wound and concern of infection). Had I not seen the good Dr., no telling how long I would have went. I have had these abcesses previously, and no one ever caught this.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Takes time to listen. In terminal cases has great judgement of how far to go in treatment versus pain and discomfort. I have 16 years experience with him and he is the best overall. Will reccomend a specialist if needed.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Dr. Umesh H. Gheewala's Credentials

• Grant Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1975)

Multiplan