Ratings for Dr. Martha M. Maturi

DR,MATURI IS AWESOME!!! And per my opinion,Dr.Maturi is very fortunate that the person who commented below chose NOT to become one of her patients. E.g; If one schedules an appoin tment "around " a given hour, does this mean this individual's basic personality is one defined by punctuality; and that this individual indeed would never be late or be the cause of any other possibly being late? Numerous times over the past 12years, Dr. Maturi has indeed not been punctual via .my scheduled appointment;Instead, most often she would be walking out of her office with a patient who was in tears;a patient that she personally walked to her receptionist. Did she ever look at me and say,"Come on back"? No. No she did not. Instead she would walk by her patient's side to the office attendant's desk and stand there until an appointment had been made with whatever specialist was needed. If the first choice specialist had no openings , she would stay until they found one that did. Yes! There I had to sit waiting while she tried to arrange an appointment with a doctor who could see her patient in a timely manner..................I guess there are some who just prefer a doctor who doesn't keep them waiting;or prefer the receptionist interrupt their turn with the doctor, such that there is relaying of information about the previous patient during their visit. Too, are THOSE THAT WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH A SAD, DISTRAUGHT eighty yr old having to wait , such that the doctor dare not keep this THEM waiting forTHEIR scheduled visit. I do not know how many times she has kept me waiting . Nor do I know how many times she has kept OTHERS waiting such that I could cry there in her office when she told me the reports were back and ,my husband had incurable StageIV Cancer:and on another occasion, he needed to see a heart specialist ; And what unknown scheduled patient was waiting on the day she told me she was certain that I had a blood clot; this time it was I who was standing next to her while she called and arranged for a blood clot test/dopplar. Nothing like being transported from an doctor' s office straight to a hospital. And then being told how close you came to dying. Yes. Some things in life are worth waiting for. A good doctor is one of them. What! You think Healthgrades.com just gives 5-star ratings away! No,my dear. THEY"RE Earned.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I saw the Dr. had three 5-star ratings on healthgrades.com & went out of my way to see her on a Saturday (she is only available Sat & Tue).I scheduled an appointment around 9 & was asked to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paper work, but was seen 40 minutes past my appointment time.It seemed as though patients were being seen on a first-come-first-serve basis. When I finally saw the Dr., she was quick to push Ambien at me for the sleep trouble that I had, but was adamant that I should not take birth control. And despite what I told her about the causal effect between my attempts to finish a degree & my recent weight gain, she insisted that it was due to birth control & then told me that I should go ahead and marry my boyfriend and just start having kids immediately. MOST NOTABLY, my appointment was almost 3 weeks ago & I have not received the results of my blood work. The staff is incompetent, slow & rude. Do not waste your physical covered by your provider here. You will be sorry.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

I don't know who the previos reviewer saw, but Dr. Maturi is a wonderful Dr. and person, she has always been helpful and understanding every time I have been to see her. I just had stitches put foot from an accident, and she is very maticulous about her work. She prescribes medication as needed but does not over prescribe wich is a bad habit in the medical community. She has no problem giving referals when a specialist is needed as well, in fact I had a neck fusuion 2 years ago, and 2 disks in the lower back this year. I receive a physical at least once a year. Yes the office tends to run behind in times but you have to understand it is an emergency center ass well as a doctors office. For most things I have never had to go anywhere else as the center also does xrays, accupuncture, massage and traditional therapy. The staff has always been extremely courtious, friendly, and caring as well! I would highly recomed Dr. Maturi if you're looking for an excellent family type Dr.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

This doctor never does physicals, all her staff does is take your bp and do blood work. Whenever you make a suggestion about a medicine you' ve taken and its worked before she would say I don't like it, or that's not good. She always wants to see you on a weekly basis....to get paid for nothing. She never takes phone calls or returns them. Oh and you could be in the worst of pain and she says take over the counter meds. She never prescibes narcotics!! Ever!! I have fibromalgia, severe discs in my back, bad spine and beyond painful back spasms,migraines and come to find out I might have a tumor. I also have obgyn issues....but this doctor shows no remorse. She's just about the money. I'm currently looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Dr. Martha M. Maturi's Credentials

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1980)

HealthPartners