Ratings for Dr. Ujwala Pagedar

Dr. Pagedar did not remember prescribing a new diabetic medicine for me. When reminded, she immediately put up a defensive barrier in Dr./Patient Communication. This incident is long. Bottom line, I was overdosed on Glimerpride (diabetic medicine), went low in afternoons (40-50) called her office to have dosage lowered. She would not lower it. I talked to a pharmacist about why the Glimerpride was costing so much. He told me I was taking the highest dose possible. Mind you, my A1C was 161 on last visit in March 2013. Glucose from fasting morning blood work on 08-24-13 was 77. I was told to start taking the 4mg again even after going low. She also opened the door and stood in it as she broadcast to all in the hallway my personal medical concerns (ever heard of the HIPPA Law?) I was also threatened with none renewal of my blood pressure medicine, which works great. Very haughty, childish, and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013