Ratings for Dr. Stephen W. Boatright

There are too many dentists in town to go to this one. He resented us asking questions, and every time we did the price went up - the whole office got angry because we told them we might not be able to afford it as it turned out to be twice what we were told it would be - after 45 mins of finding out all the things that were added and that ins would not pay, we just said go ahead and do it, then the room emptied and a lady came in and said we took too long and would have to re-schedule. 4 different people came in to talk to us about price and a different one was at front when we left. She was the only professional one of the whole bunch including the arrogant doctor. The comments about the head being in a low position are all correct, your head is lower than your body and it's hard to breath. If they don't think people need to discuss the charges and see if they can afford the service then they should check their bank account prior to making an appointment. He wasn't that busy, there were no cars in parking lot when we got there and none when we left. I'm pretty sure I can figure out why. The doctor is an arrogant person and thinks he's doing you a favor by even talking to you. We will find a human doctor to give our money to and we won't be back to this place EVER!! With this many bad reviews it will catch up with him. From rumors I've heard no insurance company will stand behind him and after telling you he will bill your insurance company, he sends you a bill for their part and tells you they refused the charges, leaving you with a huge bill to pay on top of his extremely high prices on his horrible work. Take your money elsewhere, folks.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

He "fixed" the wrong tooth. He also felt it necessary to tell me that his father just died days before and he had to watch him gasp for air as he and his family removed him from life support. I felt like I should have left before he began working but I didn't and have regretted it.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I was recently referred to Dr. Boatright for a root canal. I have never had this procedure before, but I was not terribly anxious. As it turned out, he was unable to numb my tooth. He even drilled into my jaw bone to try to numb underneath the tooth. Nothing worked. We made another appointment to try again. On the 2nd appt the tooth failed to numb again. I won't EVER go back. Not because my tooth is unable to get numbed (for whatever reason), but because the good Dr. Boatright was down right rude about the process on both occasions! I am a 52 year old female & I was crying like a baby in the dental chair. It is borderline sadistic to continually prod a tooth that needs a root canal and is not numb. His demeanor is that he is an uncaring jerk. Please go to someone else. "First do no harm" this applies to dentists too right?

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

My experience with Dr. Boatright was awful l was sent there through a program that he offer services for free. I was uncomfortable from the very beginning I was having pain even though I was numbed up and trouble with dizziness because of the chair having to be laid so far back. I asked to be raised up and immediately he became frustrated and walked out, because of this I was left with two large holes in my teeth and his assistant apologizing because of his refusal to finish the work. I then asked her can she convince him to come back and talk to me it took him a minute but he did. I was trying to explain to him what my problems were he responded back with comments like lm not getting a dime for doing these services for you and that I have become more of a headache than people who are paying. He said a couple of awful things to me. Overall it was a horrible experience for me I ended up leaving there with some type of temporary filing in my teeth with no other choice but to get them pulled. Dr.Boatright is a cruel person who doesn't have patience and shouldn't be in business, I would advise anyone not to go there

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

This doctor performed a root canal for Me when he was on Cantrell. He really Messed it up. I am now about to have to have the tooth extracted because he did not do it properly. It was the worst experience of my life.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

This was a horrible experience. This man has a dental hygienist give the shots to numb you, and most of the medication ended up in my mouth. I was immediately prepped for the root canal.. No time for numbing at all, and I was never numb. He did ask me at one point if I was hurting and he gave me ANOTHER shot and just kept working. He runs patients through there so fast and it is all about paying for that big new fancy office. They gave me an IB profen and offered me a cookie when I left, after writing a big fat check. I took the IB profen.. I was hurting so bad, and told them they could keep the cookie.. Don't go there, it will be a huge mistake.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I will never go to this man. He charges are outrageous. He is very hungry for money. They sneak in charges that are criminal.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

This is the worst experience I have ever had while getting dental work! Although I have not had any problems with the 2 root canals he did on me about six months ago, his "bedside manner" is horrible! I basicly started crying during the root canals and he told me to "grow up". I have never been so glad to leave a place in my life, in fact, I ran to my car afterwards!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

WORST EXPERIENCE!The assistant needed to redo the ex-ray over SIX times-giggling as she scraped the top of my mouth.Dr. Boatright came in,put me in an extreme downward angle(feet above my head, neck pain for 2 days after)and he violently banged on my teeth.After 45-60min of drilling I mumbled “is everything ok?”He began yelling and blamed ME for breaking a tool in my tooth because I wouldn’t stay still.I had NO idea I was moving and I never heard him tell me to stay still (he knew I had earphones in, nitrous oxide blowing up my nose,drilling in my mouth… he knew I couldn't hear him). He eventually took responsibility and apologized for blaming/yelling at me, “I should’ve known better and taken control of the situation.” He later discontinued the procedure b/c he wasn't in the right "mindset." Went home after being yelled at, with a partial root canal, a broken tool in my tooth, and with incredible neck pain.I'm still dealing with their dishonest receptionist (re:billing). STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr. Stephen Boatright is a great dentist (Endodontist)! I had three infected root canals. My mouth was swollen so bad that I was unrecognizable. After Dr. Boatright saw me he came in on his day off and did the repairs. I have two more root canals that Dr. Boatright will be repairing soon and, no, he is NOT the dentist that originally did the root canals. He was very attentive during the entire procedure and the pain was so minimal. I believe that God led me to Dr. Boatright. After the Endodontist that my dentist had referred me to could not see me for over a week, I found Dr. Boatright by researching other local endodontists online & his office was the only one that could see me immediately.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014