Ratings for Dr. Selene M. Mackinnon

Dr. Selene Mackinnon is not as knowledgeable as she lets on to be. I found her approach to be unorganized and destructive. She didn't organize her time with the in-office assignments. I left feeling negative and stressed with very little to work with. I felt as if she was stringing me along. I decided that our relationship was not working and cancelled my next appointment. I left a message that it wasn’t working for me and the unfinished work gave me anxiety. She returned my call with a message asking to give her a second chance. I was very reluctant but open minded and gave her a second chance. This is the part that is so wrong. When we met (for her second chance) she recommended another therapist! She just wanted to dump me knowing I have abandonment issues. I have difficulty daily with my MS and pain attacks-why did she string me along? I feel this was a disrespectful, unethical, and destructive act that has given me much anxiety. And it wasted my time! It is a good idea that her superiors keep a close watch on her so that she doesn’t harm anyone else that is in crisis.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015