Ratings for Dr. John J. Gualtieri

There may be as good as Dr Gualtieri, but there is no better.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Terrific, ethical, caring, insightful , very knowledgeable and helpful are some of the words I'd use to describe my experience with Dr Gualtieri.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Have periodically utilized professional psychologists/marriage counselors with my wife to successful outcomes in difficult times during our long marriage…that is until John Gualtieri. Over a year of marriage counseling with John resulted in only counter-productive results – first time that counseling itself increased tensions and provided confusion –no redeeming skills brought forth that could be used in our marriage (an objective clearly agreed upon upfront). John is inconsistent in approach, changes direction, reduces confidence and undermines the belief my wife and I had that we could get through tough times. No clear focus on any goal(s) and given no advice or skills that could be used outside of his basement/cellar office. Frequent use of cliché' psych 101 questions, often steers you to see things one way only to change direction in subsequent sessions making completely contradictory statements, all the while, words emanating from a seemingly detached and often bored counselor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Gualtieri has shown me tremendous caring and insight. He is funny when I need a light moment and empathetic when I have to sit with difficulties. Most of all, he is real. That is, Dr. Gualtieri brings his whole self to the therapeutic interaction. This has included his calling me out on unhealthy thoughts or actions, and I have reciprocated when I think he's up the wrong tree. To this he has responded seriously and graciously. Dr. Gualtieri invests his caring and creative energies in helping me heal and realize successes. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

DO NOT USE John Gualtieri, MD if you're in marriage therapy and have any hope to save your marriage. He is absolutely worthless, and a waste of time and your/your insurance money. 10 months of, "How does that make you feel when she/ he says that?" is no help. Duh, we came to you because we were frustrated, hurt, and/or angry with each other" In the end this man lied to me when he told me he had no idea why my wife wanted a divorce ... the very next morning after she met with him! Well then maybe he should fInd another career, ya think?

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011