Ratings for Dr. Bernard J. Balleweg

Very biased and one-dimensional in couples counseling. My wife agreed with this feeling despite the fact that he ate up her Borderline/Narcissistic Personality Disorder lies, confabulations and histrionic behavior and took her side on every issue. I think he's a good little soldier in the feminist war on men. Even my abusive wife agreed with me on that. That's how extreme he was.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I would strongly discourage anyone from using Mr. Ballewag as a couple’s counselor. My husband and I went to see him, and he choose sides. He decided that our marriage was over after meeting with us once, and in his professional judgment decided he was better off helping my husband who continued to see him individually. The result was a very difficult separation that negatively impacted our son, and two people who then had no additional skill sets to use to parent our son then we did when we went to see Mr. Ballewag for help. From my perspective, the counseling he has done with my husband has resulted in no net positive changes in how he communicates or interacts with me or my son. Counselors are suppose to have professional integrity, be impartial, and not get caught up in the drama of two people experiencing conflict. Mr. Ballewag does not have those skills, so save yourself the time and the money and seek assistance elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014