Ratings for Dr. Marla B. Cohen

Dr. Marla Cohen immediately made my husband and I feel welcome and comfortable. I thought my marriage was close to being over when we first arrived at her office...but after the very first visit I had hope and we've been going ever since. She listens, evaluates, provides perspective, teaches communication, helps you get to the root of problems, and provides tools to help you grow as a person/couple. Dr. Cohen is the first therapist my husband and I have ever seen and I highly recommend her to anyone as both a great one-on-one and couples therapist.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

As a 20-something male, it’s not easy to come to terms with needing help. Dr. Cohen made me feel comfortable, as if we were just two friends talking. Stress, anxiety and depression were my factors for seeing Dr. Cohen. Like most folks, I gave depression medication a try, which was helpful, but it just made me feel off (not to mention lack of health insurance). I saw Dr. Cohen while I wasn’t taking medication and before I made a final decision if this was something I was going to need to invest in. Dr. Cohen gave me the option to explore if I did or didn’t need that, which I’m extremely grateful for. After a few sessions I was able to realize that I have the ability to calm myself down. Dr. Cohen gave me the tools I needed. Most importantly, when she had no problems telling me that her services were no longer needed on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, but rather when I needed her. I doubt you’ll find many doctors who would do that. I highly recommend her. If you’re looking for a negative, she isn’t the most punctual person, but that might have something to do with the terrible winter we had.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Marla Cohen is a great Dr. And I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking to grow as a person and help with all types of issues or setbacks which we all have! I have been seeing her for almost 2 years and am so amazed at how much she has helped me progress. Thank you :)

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Don't believe the positive comments about this doctor. After this doctor saw the second post below where she was given a poor review, the doctor sent an email to all of her patients asking them to write positive reviews about her on this website. How unprofessional. If your a good doctor, you should need to ask for good reviews. The day I read her email to me asking me to help her social media reputation was the day I decided to never see her again because I lost all respect for her as a professional. Use someone else, and don't believe anything positive you read below because it is bogus.

Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Marla B. Cohen's response
In today's world, patient testimonials are the best way for others to find competent providers they can trust. Sometimes, psychotherapy is a difficult process. When people receive challenging feedback. they are encouraged to process their feelings in session with me. Occasionally, patients don't do this, and instead take to the internet to bash their clinician. The only way to preserve a positive reputation is to ask for those who have had positive experiences in therapy to share those experiences. I'm sorry that you found my request to be unprofessional. In an ideal world, doctors would not have to defend their reputations against distressed clients. I will continue to give my heart and soul to my practice, and to help as many individuals as I possibly can. I know I can't please everyone.

Submitted September 3, 2016

Dr. Cohen was so unbelievably helpful! She was the first psychologist I had ever seen before, but was kind and understanding in meeting me where I was at. She explained everything in a caring and intellectual way...always treating me as the expert of my own life. She is wonderful and very flexible in treatment. She is heavily booked, but is so for a great reason.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

This was the 1st & worst psychologist I ever met. She was not flexible with scheduling, so I only got about 5 sessions in the time I saw her. By my last session she "broke-up" with me. She explained that just like relationships in life there has to be some compatibility and she didn't feel we as doctor/patient were compatible. Imagine getting the nerve to go seek mental health and the doctor basically "dumping" you. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dr. Marla B. Cohen's response
I have never ended a therapeutic relationship without assuring that my client is in good hands with another clinician who can provide appropriate, competent care. As I don't treat all issues, I am not always the right fit for all patients. When I determine in session that I can not help an individual as much as they deserve to be helped, I refer them to the person who can. Sometimes, this feels like a rejection. I am sorry that the individual who wrote this review was distressed by my referral to a clinician who could help the specific issues for which he/she was seeking help.

Submitted September 3, 2016

Dr. Marla Cohen is an extremely intelligent and competent therapist. I have been to other therapists who basically just let me talk and then gave advice, but I kept feeling like I needed to always go back for more advice. Dr. Cohen has helped me to see that I am responsible for my behaviors and consequences of my behaviors. Somethings were a little hard to hear, but Dr. Cohen helped me to understand the motivation for some of my behaviors. With her assistance, I have been able to understand myself and move forward. She provides positive reinforcement when she sees her clients find ways to recognize and address the issues which led them to her for assistance.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

I started seeing Dr. Marla Cohen about a year ago for anxiety and an eating disorder, and she has been instrumental in helping me change my life. Through my sessions with her I have learned valuable tools to help me confront disordered behaviors that will be with me throughout my life. She truly understood what I was going through like no one else I have ever met. Dr. Cohen’s belief in me ensured me that I was going to come out of this process with the ability to live a healthy life moving forward. It hasn't always been easy, but it has worked. I would particularly recommend Dr. Cohen to those battling eating disorders, as I found her knowledge in the area extremely helpful in my progress.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Dr. Cohen is kind and caring, although i wish there wasnt so much emphasis on thinking. i felt a bit analyzed with her as if i was being judged. I do think she was smart but she didnt seem able to make adjustments when i needed something different, like she was the expert and i was just an unknowledgable patient.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Dr. Marla B. Cohen's response
I try my best to show deep respect for the individuals I treat, and never make them feel judged or patronized. I believe that each person is the best expert on him or herself. That said, I do try to bring my expertise about mental health into the therapy room, as that expertise is what most people seek out from me.

Submitted September 3, 2016

I don't even know where to start so I will keep this short. Marla has made a huge difference in my life. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone seeking therapy and have done so in the past. After we discussed what I was looking for from therapy, she helped me to learn how my beliefs about myself have shaped my life. Now that I know, I have been able to work on creating a more fulfilling life for myself that includes healthier relationships and better communication. Marla is an excellent guide for me.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr. Marla B. Cohen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Top Hospitals in Cherry Hill, NJ