Ratings for Dr. William I. Sterett

Sterett operated my shoulder, after surgery I did not have sensation in my arm. This so called doctor did not return my calls in 3 weeks, despite that he was aware of my problem. I ended up losing my biceps and feeling has not returned to my arm.

Submitted January 2, 2015

Dr Sterett operated on me 4 times and each time was very successful. He is very competent, thorough, and skilled. On top of all that he is a wonderful person. He gave me the chance to continue riding horses competitively for years and I still do and I am over 60, and feel like 40 in my knees. He worked on both of them. I am an old jock from high school, college, and rugby over seas. I was pretty banged up when I first saw him some 17 years ago. I had seen several surgeons from all over the country, none of whom had an answer. Dr. Sterett listened to my history, asked me what I wanted to do as far as activity in the future and came up with a solution. I consider him the most gifted Orthopedic surgeon I have ever known. I also consider him a friend. I have total confidence in him and would not hesitate seeing him again or referring others to see him as I have done. His staff is very professional and supportive.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Sterett promissed a full recovery after dislocation/fracture of the ankle skateboarding in vail. The e.r. doctor, upon reseting the ankle from 90 degrees back to straight said " you've torn everything in your ankle." Doctor Sterett performed a surgery to fix the break, a typical plate and screw procedure. No MRI was taken prior to surgery, all focus by dr. Sterett was to repair the broken bone. All the while i thought of the tissue damage occured in the " hyperdislocation." Upon ample recovery time of 6 to 8 on crutches without progress, Sterett blamed the lack of progress lack of physical therapy. Long story short, i had torn a tendon with no chance of recovery without additional surgery. I had the procedure done eight months later by a different docter whose prognosis was bleak at best. The total recovery time was over a year. And without full use of my foot and ankle, after 19 years of skateboarding and snowboarding I have never been back. That was six years ago. Thanks sterett.

Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Sterett made me feel like a friend of many years from the start. He did a scope knee surgery on me with in a few days of my MRI. Though he was late to surgery it was from another sugery that took longer. He always has great bedside manor with a smile. I'm 3 days into healing and I can't believe I had surgery at all the pain is so minimal. I research this doctor and was happy I did and found him to be more than you expect from care provider. I had concerns about medications and he made sure I was taken care of with a choice. I highly recommend him for a scope and will be back with my other knee when needed.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Dr. William I. Sterett performed bilateral knee replacement surgery on me. During the surgery, Dr. Sterett damaged the peroneal and tibial nerves at my left knee leaving me with a permanent drop foot, which means I am unable to flex my foot and walk normally. Dr. Sterett tried to blame the damage on a previous back injury and than the spinal and femoral blocks. Both of those accusations were disproved through an MRI and two EMG's. A medical expert who reviewed my records determined the damage did occur at the knee, however I will have a difficult time winning a lawsuit against Dr. Sterett because I signed a consent form. I filed a civil lawsuit against Dr. Sterett, and I will go forward in an effort to achieve justice. Dr. Sterett lacks the honor, integrity and honesty to take responsibility for his mistakes.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2012

I have gone to Dr. Sterett for many years as I am a former, non-professional athlete. Dr. Sterett is very skilled and heart-centered. I trust him implicitly. I have had three surgeries done by him with excellent outcomes. He is a doctor that is well-known and is very down-to-earth and approachable.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2011

Amazing surgeon. Dr.Sterett treated my case as if i was one in a million.He discussed multiple options and helped me decide what would be best to get back to where I wanted to be. I haven't had one complaint from the 2 surgeries i had to have done. Staff is very kind and helpful. Overall Dr.Sterett is knowledgeable, kind, caring, and a very gifted surgeon. Will only go to him for any knee or shoulder complaints as i know i am in the best hands!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Sterett did surgery on my son. He made us feel so comfortable under stressful circumstances. He explained everything so that we could understand what to expect, was patient and kind. Also, the follow-up from his staff was very much appreciated. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Dr. William I. Sterett's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal