Ratings for Dr. Mark EMERSON

Mark was very helpful with helping me better understand myself and how my personal behaviors can affect the way I feel. He help me through some very difficult times.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

I was very excited to find a psychologist who did EMDR close by AND accepted Tricare. However, I was completely disappointed as soon as we had our first session. I almost left after the first 15 minutes. I spoke with him on the phone a couple days prior to our first appt. He said it was fine that I bring my husband at first since he's very involved in my recovery. But during the first appt. Dr Emerson was extremely rude and aggravating. He acted annoyed every time my husband said something. He kept cutting him off. He hounded over and over on the same subject of medication no matter how many times we explained our stance. He had smart-aleck responses to my husband. He acted threatened and I found it COMPLETELY disrespectful. He didn't make sense when he tried to describe something. He made both of us feel very uncomfortable. He kept saying he wasn't "judging our choices" which obviously just makes us feel like he IS judging. Absolutely TERRIBLE experience. I do NOT recommend at all.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012