Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst

It's been a wonderful experience and I thank you so much Dr. Parkhurst for helping me see clearly again!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

ParkhurstNuvision was/is a great place to come and be treated for problems with your eyes. The staff and drs treat you very special, not like a patient with money. They made me very relaxed on getting surgery done on my eyes. I highly recommend using their services and procedures on caring for your eyes. TOP NOTCH eye care is done here and have made me very pleased on how my eyesight has improved. They will forever be in my thoughts on how much respect I have for them on how they made me feel. Richard F. Saldana

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Parkhurst Nuvision is a top tier organization that deserves 10+🌟's I just had cataract surgery (6-2017), and I cannot thank them enough for their kindness in helping me get beyond my fear of the surgery and their enthusiasm at the amazing return of my vision. Dr Parkhurst is a gem and I feel blessed to have found someone so dedicated to entrust my sight to. I'll be forever grateful. Katherine G

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

He listened to what my struggles with my vision were, explained everything so that I fully understood all of my options, and delivered clear vision without glasses I never dreamed of. Very caring doctor with top notch staff. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

“I am very grateful to Dr. Greg Parkhurst and his staff for the wonderful work they do. Dr. Parkhurst recently did cataract surgery on both of my eyes and the improvement is amazing. With the 1st eye I could only see the big E on the eye chart but the day after surgery my vision was 20/20. The second eye, though not as debilitating as the 1st one, also resulted in 20:20 vision. I can now see much more clearly, I can walk with confidence that I won’t trip and fall, and, best of all, I can drive again. Thank you Dr. Parkhurst and your staff for your skills, professionalism and kindness. A.B.C."

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Had been wearing glasses since I was in third grade. People Always made fun of me because of my thick ugly glasses. I learn to cope with it and live my life feeling very unattractive. After much research and leaving my fears behind I found Dr. Parkhurst in google and decided to have procedure done. Dr. Parkhurst was very kind and understood not only vision problems but my emotional distress about my glasses. Today one week after my procedure my vision is 20/15 both eyes. I am very thankful to the Doctor and staff for making me feel young and leaving my glasses behind. I now can see and feel good about myself.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I never thought I could see this well, and I had no idea what I was missing before my cataract surgery. It's like a whole new world again. I Love my new vision!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Fantastic doctor with friendly and helpful staff. I had the implanted lenses done. Since I was old enough to read I have been stuck in glasses and now I'm free of them! This was a great experience and pain free. The staff makes you feel very comfortable and they ALL go out of their way to make you happy. I had the procedure done around my birthday and they even brought me a cupcake and card. Fantastic and caring people, wonderful results.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Parkhurst for cataract surgery by our family optometrist. Dr. Parkhurst lived up to everything our Dr. said about him. Not only did he fix the cataract, but restored my site in that eye to 20/20 (one day after surgery) and 20/15 one week later. We are very fortunate to have a surgeon of his caliber in San Antonio.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Parkhurst has known since childhood that he wanted to help people with their eyesight. As a young kid growing up in rural Michigan, he, like many others, had to wear glasses. As an avid soccer and baseball player, his glasses were constantly falling off his face or becoming scratched and damaged on the ball field. After many years dealing with glasses & contacts, as well as several trips to have his eyes examined, Dr. Parkhurst began to look at his eye doctor in a different way. Not only did the young Dr. Parkhurst see the value in the services his doctor provided, but he admired the way his doctor was actively involved in the community. Eye care began to take on an important meaning: from patient to life purpose. “My doctor was really active in the community and was a real outstanding guy. I looked up to his stature in the town, how his practice sponsored community athletic teams, and really saw the importance of what he was providing me and my family.” Later while going to college and working as an eye technician for a local Ophthalmologist, Dr. Parkhurst had the unique opportunity to go on a cataract medical mission to southern Mexico. In many poor communities, people do not have access to quality eye surgery, which is so necessary in that part of the world. Many of these people were “hand-on-the-shoulder blind” from hyper-mature cataracts and would wait in line for days in order to have access to the team’s donated surgical services. The surgical team decided only to operate on one eye of each patient, even though most patients were functionally blind in both eyes. You really only need one seeing eye to function, and this way, twice as many people could be helped. One of the most memorable experiences of Dr. Parkhurst’s life was on the one-day postop when patients, many of whom had not seen for 20 or 30 years, came in with their families for their scheduled check-up. Dr. Parkhurst witnessed the joy of these grandparents when the bandages came off, and they quite literally saw their grandchildren’s faces for the very first time. The experience left him speechless and locked him into this profession for good. “Vision is such a precious thing that we can easily take for granted. I never tire of that moment when a patient sees again.” Dr. Parkhurst constantly strives to be the best in his field, particularly in San Antonio where he and his family have made a permanent home. Working with his hands and being able to have a significant impact on someone’s quality of life is a true passion. This passion to do the best work possible was recognized when he became one of the busiest LASIK surgeons in the nation while he served in the military, and also when he was presented the Global Young ICL Surgeon-of-the-Year award in 2013. As a busy surgeon and now international lecturer, he continues to be one of the leading Refractive surgeons in the country. Dr. Parkhurst’s commitment to his patients and his profession is never ending. He continues to explore and find the best possible treatments for his patients. Dr. Parkhurst has been honored by being one of a handful of talented surgeons nationally invited to take part in several FDA Clinical trials, as well as developing procedures and techniques of his own. In 2014, Dr. Parkhurst testified before an advisory panel for the FDA, which resulted in the recommendation for approval of a new procedure in the United States. “Forty or 50 years ago, cataract surgery meant a two week stay in the hospital, now I can give a person the ability to see again, many times in as little as a few minutes. I love my job, and I love doing procedures to help people with their vision.”

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 2003)