Ratings for Dr. Joseph F. Nestola

I have been a patient of Dr. Nestola's for a few years and thought he was very nice. I have no known health issues, and appear to be in good health. My only medication is a statin for cholesterol which I have been taking for almost 20 years. I have gone to see Dr. Nestola about every 6 months to get a blood test and check-up. On occasion, I have also seen him for vaccinations or a sinus infection, etc. My last check-up was in March. Three months later, towards the end of June, I received a phone call from his office telling me I must make an appointment to see the doctor. When I asked why so soon, they simply said he wants to see me every 3 months now. I was going on vacation and I did not make an appointment at that time. I returned to find numerous phone messages from his office and letters stating that if I do not make an appointment to see him, they will issue a release of my records and patient care. During this time my husband took ill and was hospitalized twice. In addition, another member of my immediate family had a medical crisis. I returned phone calls from Nestola's office on two occasions and explained my situation, stating that I have been spending my days at the hospital which is almost an hour from my home, that I have been unable to go to work, and could not make an appointment now. Thankfully my husband is now home from the hospital. I called Dr. Nestola's office today to schedule an appointment and was told I couldn't, they had 'discharged' me as a patient. In disbelief, I requested to speak to the office manager, Ann. I told Ann the circumstances I have been coping with since the summer. I told her it is now 6 months since I last saw the doctor, that I do not understand the urgency, justification or their insistence on needing to see me immediately despite all that has been going on with my family. She became quite nasty and said I disobeyed the doctor and could not be a patient any longer. I have been harassed by this office. They offered no explanation as to why there was such an urgency to see me all of a sudden. They were not sympathetic to my extenuating circumstances. I have been an educator for many years and I know it takes a very serious incident to expel a child from school. I feel I have been 'expelled' from this office for circumstances beyond my control. My offense was tending to my first priority, my family. I have already set up an appointment with a new doctor so that is not my issue. I simply want to warn any patients contemplating using Dr. Nestola or his associates about what they might encounter.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Nestola is a great DR very personable I have been going to him for years and have alot of respect for him.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

I've been seeing Dr Nestola for the past five years and I am very satisfied with him and his staff. He shows sincere interest and concern for his patient and their problems. He spends as much time with his patients as needed, he is not a clock watcher. He is very knowledgeable and if he doesn't have the answer at that moment he will get it for you. If you are looking for a great family doctor, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Dr.Nestola Is a Truly Professional Doctor...He is patient, Kind and Caring. He explains everything and makes certain you understand. Dr. Nestola took care of my Dad and was at the Hospital every day when my Dad had a Stroke and on other occasions as well. I refer all the nearest and dearest people in the world to me to Dr. Nestola. His staff is great and if you need something they will speak to you not just rush you off. There were many times when I was sick and they would squeeze me in for an appointment. I have to say that the atmosphere is pleasant and comfortable from the receptionist to the nurse to Dr. Nestola and even the follow up if you need it.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2007

Wonderful, caring doctor. Very knowledgeable and willing to take the time to explain things to you.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2007

Dr. Joseph F. Nestola's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Bethpage, NY