Ratings for Dr. Tricia A. Zigrang

She has the skills to be a great psychiatrist, but it was hit or miss whether she was engaged in sessions. She was willing to have phone sessions, which was helpful when weather was bad. I appreciated her approach to medications, which were presented as an option, but not THE option. When I did express interest in medication, she was able to discuss not only her knowledge, but some suggestions on what side effects seemed to be the most common and troublesome with each. Biggest con: Her staff was always way behind on billing, which is very bad with constantly changing insurances since a huge balance could build up before one even knew about it. When this happened to me, it happened to be right after a session where I had mostly just discussed how stressed I was about finances. When that time was up, she requested payment of a few hundred dollars for a bill I had never seen without so much as some transitional small talk. I always pay my bills, and had some history of doing so with her by then, so was very disappointed in being treated that way. It was as if she felt that I was putting off payment rather acknowleding that her billing was months behind. That doesn't help the therapist-client rapport.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

As a student in the helping mental health profession, I had the unfortunate experience of having Tricia as my psychologist. This was during a time of major upheaval during my life - and she was thr first in-community provider I saw as recommended by the almighty insurance company. It is so sad when at a stage when you are most vulnerable and need the most empathy, you receive help from someone not really into it. I found her lacking in compassion as well as an invested connection. It felt as though I was just another placeholder on her schedule, a payment before she retires. How can I be so outright dismissive? Because I have been lucky enough to work with two amazing counselors since who have helped me tremendously. They understand minority issues much better - I think and are muc better representatives of the profession. Tricia, in her interaction with me, also very much put my payments/ money before our therapeutic relationship. This made me trust her underlying motivation in what she was doing even more. Today, a student in clinical psychology, I always picture her when I study no-nos of client relationship/ assistance - and she will always be the therapist "I dont want to become". I'd advise for you to keep shopping for someone doing this job for the right reasons.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Zigrang's for many years and she has helped me tremendously. She is very professional and compassionate and goes out of her way to be accomodating to her patients in regards to appointment times.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Working with Dr Zigrang has helped me overcome ptsd related to early childhood abuse. Through her compassionate counseling and suggested techniques I am starting to live the life I should have had. No words can adequately express what it means to finally overcome debilitating trauma, but I can say that I am extremely fortunate to have found Dr. Zigrang.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

You know how you've found a great psychologist? 1. When you leave the office beaming ear to ear week in and week out. 2. When you start to think that even people without psychological problems could benefit from them. Tricia is incredible. I could not ask for a better psychologist. I came to her after 6 days in the mental hospital because of insomnia and severe anxiety. Thanks to her and meditation, I went from 150mg of Seroquel and 15mg Lexapro to just 50mg of Seroquel in just 5 months and I plan on weening further. I sleep great and am back on my feet. She let's me talk about whatever is on my mind and makes incredible insights that expand my perspective, without saying too much (I know you've met those who do). Tricia lights up every time she sees me and I look forward to seeing her next week!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

I read the review from Feb 29 and was very surprised because it was so different from my experience. She did mention medication in the very first session. She told me that since I had a family history of alcoholism & depression and since my depression was long term - not in reaction to anything I would most likely need antidepressants to get better. I told her that I didn't want to take medications and she dropped it saying "lets try other things." After a number of months of treatment when my depression did not get better she brought it up again. Once again I told her I did not want to take meds. She again dropped the subject and didn't bring it up again. Eventually, when my depression did not get better, I decided to take antidepressants. It made all the difference in the world. I wish I had taken them when she fist brought them up, but I appreciate that she was respectful of my decision not to. Also, she gives lots of feedback during therapy sessions. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Dr. Zigrang has been helping me manage major mental illness while staying employed for 13 years. She is the best psychologist I have been treated by.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

She was very helpful, her office hours are flexible - Saturday hours enabled me to make apts without interfering with my work schedule.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

Dr. TRICIA ZIGRANG has been incredibly helpful to me and my health. I had seen someone else when I first moved to Portland of New York City who was not helpful to say the least. I am grateful that I am able to see Dr. Zigrang.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

I was ready to leave Dr. Zigrang's office from the moment I stepped in but unfortunately I waited the it out and for nothing. Much like the other reviewer, I could see that she was wanting to mislead me down a path of treatment through medication that I found completely unnecessary. I do not recommend seeking any help from her practice.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012